PDA

View Full Version : Chemical cleaners in AIO

embolism
05-09-2011, 12:01 PM
happy Monday all

so I used KAIO on silver paint over the weekend and my white pad had some blackness to it. Pretty sure I didn't go over any dirt so what could it be? Enquiring minds want to know.

car was washed with GC & dawn, dried, then iron x, clayed, then KAIO with white LC

was there still iron left in the paint or did the cleaners pull out even more stuff that the clay and iron x missed?

Car was stored over the winter and pretty neglected from what I could tell.

MCA
05-09-2011, 12:45 PM
KAIO is a fantastic chemical cleaner so it does not surprise me that it may have removed some remnant dirt from your paint. Another possible root cause for pad discoloration may be the rubber seals (especially the stripping around the windows and moonroof). Those will definitely discolor your pad if you inadvertently run them over.

john b
05-09-2011, 01:21 PM
totally agree

Nick McKees37
05-09-2011, 04:06 PM
That's perfectly normal, Klasse AIO is an excellent cleaner that's also a joy to use.

About once every six months I spend an entire day on my daily driver. Wash, clay, polish, and wax/sealant. The weekend before last I washed, Iron X Soap Gel, clayed, and then used the Klasse AIO on a Tangerine Polishing Pad and to my surprise, the pad was dirty after doing just a quarter panel and front door. Klasse AIO is just that good. :dblthumb2:

Ted S.
05-09-2011, 04:18 PM
Read mikes article on white paint if you can find it. I read it last night along with all the linked articles and must say I've learned more about paint in 4 hours than I have in the last 2 years. And I'm not gonna lie, I really thought I knew quite a bit about paint and waxes already. Mike Phillips is like an encyclopedia of detaining information.

From what I read in the article, and from my own experience with KAIO, as you work the Klasse into the paint, the cleaners pull a lot of the environmental contaminates you otherwise could not see, out of the paint. That is what the black stuff on you applicator was.:props:

A4 1.8tqm
05-09-2011, 04:21 PM
I have experienced the same thing when using Klasse AIO. I'll think the panel is perfectly clean, but after using Klasse the color of my pad shows that I was wrong. As Nick said "Klasse AIO is just that good."

embolism
05-09-2011, 08:33 PM
KAIO is a fantastic chemical cleaner so it does not surprise me that it may have removed some remnant dirt from your paint. Another possible root cause for pad discoloration may be the rubber seals (especially the stripping around the windows and moonroof). Those will definitely discolor your pad if you inadvertently run them over.

the car was a convertible so didn't have to do the roof. I showed my buddy the technique then let him at it. Didn't watch him the whole time so it is possible he hit some trim but this was more of an overall black tinge that sounds like remnant dirt from what everyone is saying. Never imagined how much of a difference these products could make.

It's one thing to read recommendations for paintwork cleansers (if not polishing) before putting on a sealant or other lsp but to see why right before my eyes is another thing... wow

brawl
05-11-2011, 05:13 AM
Besides KAIO, what are the other non-abrasive All-in-One products?

embolism
05-11-2011, 08:56 AM
Mike has an article on this I think it was about the benefits of paint cleaners

KAIO
WG Paint Polish enhancer
Pinnacle paintwork cleanser
XMT360
the list goes on

akimel
05-19-2011, 02:09 PM
Besides KAIO, what are the other non-abrasive All-in-One products?

Duragloss 501

rwright
05-19-2011, 02:52 PM
Duragloss 501

x2 You will notice a discoloration on your pad using Duragloss #501 Marine/RV Polish too.