PDA

View Full Version : Which QD for a serious wet look?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

ron231
01-07-2007, 05:13 AM
I have been reading about QDs, (did a search and read a few threads) and it seems quickshine and aquawax are the most liked around here.

So far, it seems like aquawax is the way I am going to go because its also a sealant, so its yet another layer of potection. But my question is, which QD would be the best for a really wet look?

I dont need durability, for that I will use a sealant. Just looking for extreme wet shine, like butter has been rubbed all over the car :) (in the form of a QD of course) .

BILL
01-07-2007, 08:50 AM
I have been reading about QDs, (did a search and read a few threads) and it seems quickshine and aquawax are the most liked around here.

So far, it seems like aquawax is the way I am going to go because its also a sealant, so its yet another layer of potection. But my question is, which QD would be the best for a really wet look?

I dont need durability, for that I will use a sealant. Just looking for extreme wet shine, like butter has been rubbed all over the car :) (in the form of a QD of course) .

Although i never used before CLEARKOTES QUIK SHINE and I have NOW taken advantage of the sale A.G.is presenting..;) .....my favorite as of now is

FINISH KARE'S 425.......:)

dengood1
01-07-2007, 08:56 AM
DG Aquawax......not really a quick detailer but you can use it as one and add further protection and gloss. I second Bills recommendation for Quickshine or FinishKare 425.

ryandamartini
01-07-2007, 09:07 AM
Clearkote Quickshone without a doubt. Its magic in a bottle!!

Not to mention it is made to clean and dress all outside surfaces :D

BILL
01-07-2007, 09:19 AM
Clearkote Quickshone without a doubt. Its magic in a bottle!!

Not to mention it is made to clean and dress all outside surfaces :D

Can't wait to try it out...........:)

RFulmer
01-07-2007, 09:27 AM
If Clearkote Quick Shine is so good and popular here, why isn't AG going to continue selling it?

I have never used QS myself, but I really like DG Aquawax. I also like Adam's Detail spray when the car is a little dirty.

wytstang
01-07-2007, 09:46 AM
Not enough of the product line is being sold from what I understand. Which is weird cause lots of people love and use quickshine, vanilla moose hand glaz, and red machine hand glaze.

ryandamartini
01-07-2007, 09:54 AM
If Clearkote Quick Shine is so good and popular here, why isn't AG going to continue selling it?

I have never used QS myself, but I really like DG Aquawax. I also like Adam's Detail spray when the car is a little dirty.

Alot of people use it religously. It just didnt meat AG sales Quota.

Reddwarf
01-07-2007, 09:56 AM
Poorboy's Spray & Gloss is also very good.

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/autogeek_1928_127305116

supercharged
01-07-2007, 10:10 AM

Have you tried Pinnacle Crystal Mist?

bambo2888
01-07-2007, 10:19 AM
what do you guys think about the meg's QD ("speed detailer")?

http://meguiars.com/estore/products/product_G13224.jpg

wytstang
01-07-2007, 10:31 AM
what do you guys think about the meg's QD ("speed detailer")?

http://meguiars.com/estore/products/product_G13224.jpg I've read some not so nice reviews on their speed detailer I beleive it was streaking on folks. Megs #34 final inspection is a great OTC QD and you can find it at Napa Bumper to Bumper and the like.

bambo2888
01-07-2007, 10:43 AM
ahh, i noticed this too, but with another MF it end up nice

Surfer
01-07-2007, 12:53 PM
For a qd'er I would say Poorboys Spray and Gloss, Clearkote Quickshine, and Duragloss Fast Clean and Shine (really like this stuff). For a qd'er+ Duragloss AW or Finishkare 425, AW does have more durability then 425 though, before I redid my sisters car I had it on there and it beaded water off for over a month and still was before I stripped it down to do EX-P and Collinite 915.

Grab Quickshine while its on sale and last here though, agree though. Not sure why it didn't sell strongly. On other forums like auto etc everyone seems to always talk about the line and lots of people were buying it, obviously from other sites, I don't think many people realized AG carried it except for mainly the people on here.

ScottB
01-07-2007, 03:54 PM
Carnauba LSP --- Crystal Mist (hands down)

Sealant LSP -- Fk425. Quikshine, Duragloss 921, Z8 , Poorboys Spray/Gloss