PDA

View Full Version : Paste Wax questions??

Sellncars
05-09-2011, 12:13 AM
Hello everyone,

My question is about Poorboys Nattys Blue paste wax. I love the wax, but not crazy about the smallish container. Would it be possible to heat this up and move it to another container? Would the heat take anything away from the wax itself?

Thanks everyone

maximus20895
05-09-2011, 12:31 AM
I have heated up wax and used it and it was just fine. I don't really see the problem. Why is it too small for you?s

PPLd
05-09-2011, 12:54 AM
I guess Sellncars mean the opening of plastic container is just larger than 3 inch... it is too small to put the foam applicator in... most foam applicator is around 4 inch in diameter.

I have the same problem for my Natty's Red. Poorboy used to offer a wide mouth jar version.

tuscarora dave
05-09-2011, 04:50 AM
I'd give Steve or Chris (AKA. Pockets) a call over at Poorboy's and ask him about the possibility of him re-stocking the 32 ounce jars of Natty's Blue. I gave my Natty's Blue away because I hated the small jar it was in but My Natty's Red 32 ounce jar is staying put. Not to mention you could wax over 100 cars with a 32 ounce container of Natty's.

PPLd
05-09-2011, 07:05 AM
I'd give Steve or Chris (AKA. Pockets) a call over at Poorboy's and ask him about the possibility of him re-stocking the 32 ounce jars of Natty's Blue. I gave my Natty's Blue away because I hated the small jar it was in but My Natty's Red 32 ounce jar is staying put. Not to mention you could wax over 100 cars with a 32 ounce container of Natty's.

what is the opening size of the 32oz container?
it must be huge...
5inch diameter?

BobbyG
05-09-2011, 07:11 AM
Hello everyone,

My question is about Poorboys Nattys Blue paste wax. I love the wax, but not crazy about the smallish container. Would it be possible to heat this up and move it to another container? Would the heat take anything away from the wax itself?

Thanks everyone

Yes, you can heat wax up and make it pourable, just don't forget it and boil the hell out of it. Boiling wax could change something within the formulation and possible evaporate some of the ingredients.

If I'm applying paste waxes with a dual action polisher I'll scrape some wax out of the container and place it on the pad. Once the pad is against the finish and the machine turned on the wax softens up and spreads nicely.

CEE DOG
05-09-2011, 08:45 AM
With a wax like Natty's Blue (Hard enough) You can also remove the wax from the container, rub it across the pad as needed, and when completed place it back into the pot.

ScottB
05-09-2011, 06:29 PM
Why not just use the liquid version ???
Poorboy's World Liquid Natty's Blue Wax, Poorboys World nattys blue liquid wax, liquid car wax, poorboy wax (http://www.autogeek.net/poorboys-nattys-blue-liquid-wax.html)

Sellncars
05-09-2011, 11:55 PM
I guess Sellncars mean the opening of plastic container is just larger than 3 inch... it is too small to put the foam applicator in... most foam applicator is around 4 inch in diameter.

I have the same problem for my Natty's Red. Poorboy used to offer a wide mouth jar version.

Yes you are correct. I love the wax, love the smell, but getting the wax out is a pain. Larger container i can put both bottles of my wax in one. Anyone know where i can get a larger container? Maybe local? Walmart, Target, Kmart, Dollar General?

Sellncars
05-09-2011, 11:56 PM
Why not just use the liquid version ???
Poorboy's World Liquid Natty's Blue Wax, Poorboys World nattys blue liquid wax, liquid car wax, poorboy wax (http://www.autogeek.net/poorboys-nattys-blue-liquid-wax.html)

They didn't have it when i bought mine, if they did i would have bought it.

Thanks