PDA

View Full Version : New Bottle Holder for Trailer- Nothing Fancy-

ShineTimeDetail
05-08-2011, 10:43 PM
So I have been trying to come up with something for my trailer to hold my bottles. I'm trying to get as much stuff out of my trunk and get it all in my trailer without making the trailer too cluttered(its a 4x6 enclosed) I spent a few trips to home depot trying to figure something out and all there hangers and storage stuff wasn't working so I bought a 3ft piece of 1/2 in pipe with 2 90* elbows, 2 1.5 extensions and 2 mounting plates. Put it together and I can fit all of my bottles on it. It is a little close to where I put my air hose and power washer hose on the air compressor but I think it will work. The bottles have to be positioned right to get them to hang on the bar which was done intentionally. The reason is, is so when I'm diving down the road and the trailer bounces they won't fall off...well I'm thinking they won't. If this system fails I will post it to let you know but I believe it will work. So for anyone looking for a cheap easy fix here it is. Cost me about $12 and a bout 1.5 hours to do it all.

Here's a couple pics.

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv255/tomrzk22/rack2.jpg
http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv255/tomrzk22/rack.jpg

Ted S.
05-08-2011, 10:45 PM
Looks like it does the job well.:xyxthumbs:

slickooz
05-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Looks nice! You got any more pics of your trailer?

James K
05-08-2011, 10:53 PM
Glad you found something that worked for you!

ShineTimeDetail
05-08-2011, 10:56 PM
Looks nice! You got any more pics of your trailer?

I use too but can't find them. Maybe if I have time tomorrow ill take some.

coreymg51
05-10-2011, 12:35 PM
looks good glad you found something that works for you.sorry the hooks didnt work out

ShineTimeDetail
05-10-2011, 12:37 PM
Lol it doesn't..ill post my solution later.

Midnight1700
05-10-2011, 02:37 PM
I tried a very simular fix but found out that when ever the trailer went over a bump, the bottles would end up on the floor. Usually, breaking the squirt handles and/or the bottle itself. I ended up picking up some 4" PVC pipe and cutting it into 2" lengths then screwing them to a board. This way, the bottle sets in the "PVC Ring" and it would have to take a pretty good bump to knock them out, but even with that I don't think it would happen.

ShineTimeDetail
05-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Any pics?

Midnight1700
05-10-2011, 02:53 PM
Any pics?

I'm currently at work (e.i., efficiently using company time of course) so I don't have any pics with me. I'll see what I can do later this evening. But in the meantime, all it takes is screwing a few of the PVC Ring to a board in a single line. I ended up using some black tape to join the rings together where they touched, Just to add a little stability. Hope this helps for the moment, but I'll see what I can do later about some pics.