PDA

View Full Version : C4! Who else has tried it?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Old Tiger
05-08-2011, 08:20 PM
I find it to have no competition at least not yet! aAnyone else have any thoughts?

cmichael258
05-08-2011, 08:28 PM
Agree. I love UTTG but it doesn't come close to C4 as far as durability.

CEE DOG
05-08-2011, 08:52 PM
I just finished my review on it at L2D Jim. Really made the faded bumpers on my green saturn much darker... back to the original color for the most part. On our blue Saturn that's two years younger it will look incredible. I'm going to do a part two when I work on that next week and post pictures of that two. Mrs. C keeps asking me why I didn't put it on her car. I told her, you don't want me to put it on your first do you? Shouldnt I perfect my method first? Lol

AeroCleanse
05-08-2011, 09:16 PM
I like C4, but I might try some Dodo Juice Supernatural Trim Sealant next time.

Setec Astronomy
05-08-2011, 09:25 PM
It's the bomb as far as I'm concerned.

S2K
05-08-2011, 09:26 PM
I just finished my review on it at L2D Jim. Really made the faded bumpers on my green saturn much darker... back to the original color for the most part. On our blue Saturn that's two years younger it will look incredible. I'm going to do a part two when I work on that next week and post pictures of that two. Mrs. C keeps asking me why I didn't put it on her car. I told her, you don't want me to put it on your first do you? Shouldnt I perfect my method first? Lol
OK Corey I'll bite, what is L2D?

IID
05-08-2011, 09:28 PM
There are a few trim product threads around that I mention C4 is my go to trim sealant/restorer.
I've tried many and I have yet to find a product that compares.

maximus20895
05-08-2011, 09:30 PM
OK Corey I'll bite, what is L2D?

Live2Detail.com I would think.

S2K
05-08-2011, 09:33 PM
Live2Detail.com I would think.
Thank You

Devo242
05-08-2011, 09:34 PM
C4 is one of those products I wish I had sooner when it comes to my daily driver '04 Volvo S60. Volvo did not paint match the moulding until a few model years later and I bet the various widths of black plastic trim pieces would measure about 40 feet long if laid end to end.

I had tried a lot of other products over the years with mixed results of durability and looks that kept me looking (though never UTTG). C4 I applied to a friend's vehicle 6 months ago has shown no signs of fading so I don't doubt GTechniq's claim of 2 year durability. One thing I noticed however is if trim is too far gone (black trim turned light grey) C4 will not darken it.

I have finished my second bottle of this and plan on purchasing more soon. Highly recommend.

CEE DOG
05-08-2011, 09:38 PM
C4 is one of those products I wish I had sooner when it comes to my daily driver '04 Volvo S60. Volvo did not paint match the moulding until a few model years later and I bet the various widths of black plastic trim pieces would measure about 40 feet long if laid end to end.

I had tried a lot of other products over the years with mixed results of durability and looks that kept me looking (though never UTTG). C4 I applied to a friend's vehicle 6 months ago has shown no signs of fading so I don't doubt GTechniq's claim of 2 year durability. One thing I noticed however is if trim is too far gone (black trim turned light grey) C4 will not darken it.

I have finished my second bottle of this and plan on purchasing more soon. Highly recommend.

One way to test and see if your trim is too far gone is to wet it down with water. If the trim darkens back to original color while wet then the C4 should work to restore it. I got this tip from Rob in the Q&A I emailed him.

Setec Astronomy
05-08-2011, 09:46 PM
One thing I noticed however is if trim is too far gone (black trim turned light grey) C4 will not darken it.

I guess that depends on the particular trim. I restored some gray trim with it; the thread is on AutopiaForums.com

matth9
05-08-2011, 09:46 PM
One way to test and see if your trim is too far gone is to wet it down with water. If the trim darkens back to original color while wet then the C4 should work to restore it. I got this tip from Rob in the Q&A I emailed him.

CEE DOG, Great tip, thanks for sharing!

mcpp66
05-08-2011, 11:08 PM
What's C4?

ShineTimeDetail
05-08-2011, 11:32 PM

Could you use uttg then top it with C4?