PDA

View Full Version : CQuartz question...

watermark
05-08-2011, 07:14 PM
I'll apologize in advance if this has already been answered, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

I just put two coats of CQuartz on the front bumper of my Alpine White BMW 335i, as I'm trying to provide some more protection against bugs, and I'm still testing the product. I see from the directions that you shouldn't wash your car for 12 hours after application, and I've seen on these forums that you should only wash with water for 7 days after application.

My question is, what should I use to remove the bugs for the next 7 days? Reload, distilled water, IPA???

Feed back please

Avi@CarPro
05-09-2011, 12:54 AM
Hi
IPA will be fine after 12 hours, the alkaline inside the soap we want customers to avoid during the first days, you will find it very easy to wash off the bugs from you bumper after cquartz applied.

good luck.

HeavyMetal
05-09-2011, 06:24 AM
Hi
IPA will be fine after 12 hours, the alkaline inside the soap we want customers to avoid during the first days, you will find it very easy to wash off the bugs from you bumper after cquartz applied.

good luck.

Avi, Would a quick detailer or No Rinse car wash diluted to QD strength be OK too?

sohail99
05-09-2011, 09:06 AM
I think anything that doesn't hurt a coat of wax would be ok to use on cquartz.(Like ONR etc.) (just do a quick litmus test to rule out alkalinity of the solution you're using(As Avi said)