PDA

View Full Version : Jag Meets DP 4 in 1 Rinseless Wash

Pages : [1] 2

Reddwarf
01-06-2007, 08:34 PM
After reading Justin’s review of DP 4 in 1 as well as several others on this forum I decided to give it a try. Today it was around 50 degrees and cloudy. Not all that cold, but cold enough that I wanted to try the rinseless wash and avoid using the hose.

I was hesitant because my car was rather dirty. We have had a bit of rain and the car had lots of dirty spots.

Here is a shot of the front wheel before:
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/Reddwarf_bucket/dirtyfront.jpg

The dirty side:
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/Reddwarf_bucket/dirtywheel.jpg

The dirty top:
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/Reddwarf_bucket/dirtytop.jpg

I filled my bucket with 3 gallons of warm water and 3 oz of DP 4 in 1. I filled a second bucket with warm water. The product is very interesting. It is such a different experience than the normal wash process. There are no suds and it seems queer to wash and dry a panel at a time. I used a Schmitt and I was amazed at how well the dirt came off. It was easy to dry with the Guzzler. I used the Wheel Schmitt after the car was done. It did not clean the wheels as well as using a wheel cleaner like DP Wheel Cleaner, but it did pretty darn good.

After Pictures:
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/Reddwarf_bucket/dp4in1cleanside.jpg

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/Reddwarf_bucket/dp4in1cleancar.jpg

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r67/Reddwarf_bucket/dp4in1reflection.jpg

I would rather wash with the foam gun and hose, but this process work well and it was comfortable doing it in cool weather without using the water hose.

Overall I’m very impressed with the product and the results. As I said, my preference is the usual wash, but I will definitely do this again.

After the DP 4 in 1 Rinseless wash, I used Poorboy Spray & Wipe on a few spots and followed by DP Krystal Vision on the glass and finished with a spray and buff of Clearkote Quick Shine. After I took the pictures I applied a coat of DP Tire Gel to the tires.

My Schmitt has never been so dirty (proof the 4 in 1 cleaned the car!). Anyone have a recommendation on cleaning it?

justin_murphy
01-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Wash it in the washer on warm. I do it all the time. Day in and day out. Suckers are tough!

I'm glad you tried the rinseless. Once you get it down, there will be no water on the ground. The ShMitt does not need to be dripping. Get most of the water out. I'm telling you the truth here.

Glad you liked it. Looks very good. I'm noticing that the polymers make the finish so much slicker than with my NXT wash. Nice bucket choice too!

Gary Sword
01-06-2007, 09:02 PM
Reddwarf, It looks like it came out very nice. If I lived in colder climate I would definitely try it. Down here it was 85 today.

dengood1
01-06-2007, 10:00 PM
Love the "Homer" bucket:p

MikeyC
01-06-2007, 10:41 PM
The Jag looks great! There are two products I've tried in the last couple of years that took a lot of mental fortitude to try. The first was a rinseless wash which I tried for the first time almost 2 years ago and the second was the ShMItt which was a more recent new product experience. Both were so different from the products I was currently using that it was hard to wrap my brain around the fact that they would work as well as my current products. Experience is the best teacher though and after a few uses of each product I find myself happy that I tried them both.

Reddwarf
01-07-2007, 09:47 AM
MickeyC, thanks! Yea, it definetly took a leap of faith but after reading so many reviews on this forum and gaining respect for the DP line from other DP products I have I was ready to give it a go.

wytstang
01-07-2007, 09:51 AM
Looks good

supercharged
01-07-2007, 10:23 AM
I still haven't tried 4-in-1 as a rinseless wash. It scares the heck out of me.
Those of you who have used it, what do you prefer with 4-in-1 the Shmitt, Sheepskin mitt, or microfiber mitt?

2KLS1
01-07-2007, 02:10 PM
I just ordered some 4-in-1 last week, should get in the next few days. I was skeptical too but all the reviews made me say what the hell its worth a try. I always wash the car in the late afternoon when the sun is less intense and there is a little bit of shade on the driveway to reuduce the chances of waterspots. With the 4-in-1 hopefully I can wash it at any time. The last few days were a perfect situation for it. The car is dusty but not really dirty and its been too windy to wash the car with a hose and bucket. I'm itching to try it.

Reddwarf
01-07-2007, 02:45 PM
I just ordered some 4-in-1 last week, should get in the next few days. I was skeptical too but all the reviews made me say what the hell its worth a try. I always wash the car in the late afternoon when the sun is less intense and there is a little bit of shade on the driveway to reuduce the chances of waterspots. With the 4-in-1 hopefully I can wash it at any time. The last few days were a perfect situation for it. The car is dusty but not really dirty and its been too windy to wash the car with a hose and bucket. I'm itching to try it.

I think you will like it. The process seems odd at first, but it works remarkably well!

PhaRO
01-07-2007, 04:27 PM
Those of you who have used it, what do you prefer with 4-in-1 the Shmitt, Sheepskin mitt, or microfiber mitt?

In my mobile business I've been slowly switching over to rinseless this past year. I have tried wash mitts in 3 varietys (synthetic, sheepskin, mf chenille), grout sponge, boars hair brush and mf towels. I prefer the mf towels since I can just swap them out with a clean one as needed (carry about 100 with me). I plan to try the shmitt on my next order.

tonyspop
01-07-2007, 11:55 PM
:iagree:

MikeyC
01-08-2007, 02:25 AM

Personally, I've been using the ShMitt with rinseless washes this year and so far it's worked as well as my sheep skin mitts. I never tried MF towels simply because I prefer to save them for other uses.

sparkie
01-08-2007, 05:47 AM
Looks like 4N1 done a nice job!

mingraygt
01-08-2007, 07:01 AM
Nice work!:righton: