PDA

View Full Version : Wiping wax off those hard to reach places

flektone
05-08-2011, 03:41 PM
what can I use to wipe the wax off those hard to reach places? I have a build up of polish/wax in the crevas of my spoiler and other spots on my car that mirco wont reach. I have a black car can I use a tooth brush? I dont want to scratch the paint.

ride5150
05-08-2011, 04:25 PM
what can I use to wipe the wax off those hard to reach places? I have a build up of polish/wax in the crevas of my spoiler and other spots on my car that mirco wont reach. I have a black car can I use a tooth brush? I dont want to scratch the paint.

test an inconspicuos spot with a toothbrush and see if there are scratches, i doubt there will be any, you should be perfectly with a toothbrush.
for removing old, white wax residue from trim and rubber. spray it with some opc, let it sit, scrub, rinse.

James K
05-08-2011, 04:38 PM
I have used a toothbrush that I wrap the bristles in a microfiber to reach those areas.

Dr Oldz
05-08-2011, 05:08 PM
Funny that we can get the wax in those hard to reach areas but can't get it out.I do like the cotton detail sticks. Basically a bigger q-tip.
I use something similar to these.
Cotton Detailing Sticks (http://www.autogeek.net/sm506.html)

Rsurfer
05-08-2011, 05:21 PM

Tape can be your best friend at times.