PDA

View Full Version : First time using Meg DA Correction System

Tek-nique
05-08-2011, 01:15 AM
Hi everyone,

First and formost I love this forum, very informative and great people giving advices! Second I am new to this whole detailing with DA's... I am 29 yr's old and every since I got my first car at 18 yrs old (which I miss so dearly) I always did everything by hand. I tell you what a major difference in my work and the outcome from a DA.

Altought this is my first time with a DA, I have been lurking around this forum for a good 6 months, reading, watching, taking notes down. Detailing is second nature of me now. With that said.

Now... I have received my Meg DA polisher and WOW thing is HEAVY......Well I didn't expect it to be this heavy after seeing everyone holding a polisher on the videos, they make it seem sooooo light. HAHAHA. Then I opened open my MEG's DA Correction System they do give you a lot of D300 and D301. The pads looked awesome.

Ok enough of that. I wanted to test out the system and the polisher today. I went with a 6 step process.

Wash
Clay Bar
Wash way any clay left or smears from the clay
D300 to remove swirls
D301 to finish
Wipe down with MF

I have a holagen work lights but It was very hard to take pictures of the swirls and other imperfections on my 2010 Magnetic Gray Metallic Camry. Anyone have tips on how to take pictures? So sorry for no pictures this time around. :( But the my 1000 Watt work light helped a lot during the D300, D301. I truly can say, Seeing is believing! :xyxthumbs:

During the D300 process, I had a hard time with dust being all over the place. Not sure if it just me on I am using the product or holding the DA. I can safely say that I don't have wet product flying all over the place, so I'm sure I am holding the DA flat. After during a section on the hood, I WAS IMPRESS with the outcome, it left it smooth to touch and the swirls we removed EASILY. There were a tad bit like a line here or two, but I really had to look hard for it. It simply put a smile on my face and gave me even more confidence on during the whole car! One thing though not sure if its just me, or I was being too careful, during this process of D300 it took me a good 2 1/2 hrs to finish my whole car with it. This includes wiping off the D300. Any tips on how to speed this process? I think its just me... :confused: I forgot to mention D301 was kinda hard to remove but I believe I did way too many passes and from what I have read on the forums 2-3 passes is good enough. (I guess I didn't listen) DOH!

After the D300 process I took a nice lunch break. Although excited on tackling the D301 process I was already beat. :laughing: (working a 3rd shift job can do this to you) :xyxthumbs:
I quickly finishing my sandwich and chips, I went in the frig and grab a REDBULL oh yes it truly gives you wings! :buffing:

The D301 process was A LOT easier and A LOT less time to finish. One definite notice was the blueberry smell! Very yummy smell way to go Meguiars! haha. D301 was easy to remove and it definitely made my Metallic pop out even more. I was thinking of topping it with another wax, but I have been told this is not necessary. (Maybe next time I try out a new combo)

Total time of everything mentioned above, took me 6 hours to complete this job! ERRGH I seriously think this is a long time. You think? I guess once I get a hang of things, things will speed up.

The final wipe down and everything just shocked me to no words that I can explain. When someone say a DA polisher or any polisher machine is the way to go.... It's definitely the best way to get the work done. Glad I didn't do all this by hand! pew!

The outcome of my paint IS AMAZING. Even right now I am at work 2am and I can't stop going outside to admire my job. The street lights at night really shows what I have done to my car. AND ITS PERFECT for what I have accomplished for my first time with this Meg DA correction system and Meg's DA polisher. WOW WOW JUST WOW, makes me want to experiment other combos like M105+M205+Menzerna85rd finisher!!!

Thank You Mike and the rest of Autogeek crew for the great information on this page, I couldn't have done without your the info and videos! Also the people on the forums Thank You all the info you guys provided! I can't thank you guys enough. I can safely say I am truly an AUTOGEEK!

(sorry again for no pictures!)

mg6045
05-08-2011, 05:22 PM
good post, I just bought the Megs MF DA system as well. and cant wait to try it out.

From most people's reviews the compounding should produce little to no dust. Sounds like you may have either used way too much product.., didnt clean your pads often.., or overworked the product (which all 3 reasons would make it hard to remove like you spoke of).

kevblah
05-08-2011, 07:40 PM
I experienced a good amount of dust with this system as well, but I don't attribute it to the actual buffing process, but moreso due to the fact that I used a brush to clean the pads every every few passes.

Slate G8 GT
05-08-2011, 08:46 PM
I experienced quite a bit of dusting also, I primed the pad then used 3 pea sized drops for each section. I did do 6 section passes per section so I might have overworked it. I cleaned the pad with air after every section also. This was my first time using a DA so I don't have anything to compare it to.

XLNTShine
05-09-2011, 06:58 AM
I am about the use it for the fist time with the WG Twins. We will see how the dusting is with those.

Mike Phillips
05-09-2011, 07:31 AM
Hi everyone,

First and foremost I love this forum, very informative and great people giving advices!

We love hearing feedback like this from our new members, it tells us we're doing our job. Thank you for including this in your post.

Second I am new to this whole detailing with DA's... I am 29 yr's old and every since I got my first car at 18 yrs old (which I miss so dearly) I always did everything by hand.

I tell you what a major difference in my work and the outcome from a DA.

When it comes to clear coat paints, machine polishing is really the only way to go as working by hand is time consuming and actually takes more talent and skill than working with a DA Polisher not to mention the time factor.

Man versus Machine (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/faq/20257-man-versus-machine.html)

Although this is my first time with a DA, I have been lurking around this forum for a good 6 months, reading, watching, taking notes down. Detailing is second nature of me now. With that said.

We read comments like the above all the time now here on AGO and again, this is a good indicator this forum is on the right track with a lot of great forum members.

Thank You Mike and the rest of Autogeek crew for the great information on this page, I couldn't have done without your the info and videos! Also the people on the forums Thank You all the info you guys provided! I can't thank you guys enough. I can safely say I am truly an AUTOGEEK!

On behalf of everyone here at Autogeek and our forum members we say your welcome and thank you for your trust, patronage and membership on the forum.

Be sure to share with your friends where to find the best online detailing discussion forum.

(sorry again for no pictures!)

Next time...

:xyxthumbs:

Meghan
05-09-2011, 11:42 AM
Glad to hear you are enjoying working with the DA and that the Meguiars system worked well for you.

GoldBl4d3
07-11-2012, 01:22 AM
Glad that worked out. I never really bought in to the whole microfiber pads. But hmm, I must be missing out on something.