PDA

View Full Version : window washing technique

jamores23
05-07-2011, 02:32 PM
I used to work for a high rise window washing company "yes rappelling on a small seat and a rope 40+ stories high" and we used the "YELLOW" JOY dish soap with a window mop and a squeegee "on really hot days we would put ice in our 5 gallon buckets" we would use about a half ounce to a 3/4 ounce per 5 gallons of soap and I use to work out 5 star hotels and the shine that was left behind on the windows with no water spots was amazing!!! Just a thought I havent personally tried it on a car I just remember about this :)

southbeach
05-07-2011, 03:04 PM
It won't work. Window is the hardest to clean when you r washing 200 cars day. I tried everything and still have problem on window. Washing towel in separate machine, many Window towel, different cleaner, ....... The only way to clean a window is too spend slot of time on it. Unfortunate I can't spend too much time on it when you are detailing 200+ vehicle.

Shane731
05-07-2011, 04:56 PM
I use these towels - Closeout microfiber towels (http://www.autogeek.net/blue-microfiber-cloths.html) - you can get 12 of them for $25. Combined with a good window cleaner (I have Meguiar's glass cleaner concentrate, DP Krystal Vision glass cleaner, Surf City Garage Clearly Better glass cleaner, and Sprayway glass cleaner) I haven't had any problems with streaky windows. Which makes me very happy, because I detest streaky windows.

richy
05-08-2011, 12:11 AM
I used to love Stoners, I had been using Zep. Now, I use the steam from my Gaia steamer. The windows have never looked better. The mirrors in my house sold me on steam...they show everything!