PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Well Liner

martykyj
05-07-2011, 06:25 AM
Is there anything that can be put on new wheel Well Liners? My truck is new and I had the dealer put black liners on the rear wheel wells to protect the paint. The front wheel wells already has a liner. Will Collinite do the job?

BobbyG
05-07-2011, 06:28 AM
I'm not familiar with the term Wheel Well Liners, could you take a photo and post or explain?

Generally speaking, a liner is on the inside and away from the painted areas.

martykyj
05-07-2011, 06:59 AM
I'm not familiar with the term Wheel Well Liners, could you take a photo and post or explain?

Generally speaking, a liner is on the inside and away from the painted areas.

When I bought my GMC Sierra, the rear wheel wells are painted silver as the rest of the truck. I looked at the GMC accessories at saw wheel well liners that are molded to the exact shape of the wheel well. When driving I thought that the tires would kick up sand a may ding the painted wheel wells so I ordered ($100) the wheel liner that slip fits above the tire. This is the GMC link that. They call it a wheel house liner
http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/GMC/2011/Sierra/Wheel%20House%20Liner/?src=gmc&tx_gmshopb2b_pi1%5Btype%5D=gm

poweraid
05-07-2011, 08:29 AM
these r plastic, yes? I'm thinking spray with a tire dressing . of course upkeep with scrub brush when washing. the tire dressing should keep it looking good and give some slickness so all the crap does not stick to it and aid I'm removal of gunk . I actually use rubberized undercoating and spray paint inside my ww to make it look newer again (older truck) . just my opinion here .

dad07
05-07-2011, 08:57 AM
I use megs Hyper-dressing 3:1 for wheel wells. gives a satin finish that I like.

James K
05-07-2011, 09:05 AM
Get a wheel well brush, long handled scrub brush, and some APC. What I do is spray the wheel well with the APC, let it dwell while I clean the wheels. Then I use the brush and scrub the wheel wells. After they are all dry, I spray the wheel wells with an Adams Undercarrraige Spray. Shiny black.

mung
05-07-2011, 12:10 PM
I've got those on my Dodge Cummins. I've used APC to clean and then use Meguiar's tire foam to get them shiny.

bigdeal
05-12-2011, 09:32 PM
On my 2001 F150, I've always just washed the wheel liners well and then sprayed them down with whatever cheap autostore tire protectant was on sale. A film left on these areas will collect dirt but will also prevent whatever you run over and flip up on them from sticking. That makes for easy cleaning the next time around.

PA DETAILER
05-13-2011, 07:06 AM
several products.

barebones
cc blackout
griots undercarriage spray

or as mentioned, any cheap tire foam or vinly protectant.

vet
05-13-2011, 07:45 AM
Just curious, would dirt/moisture get behind these liners and cause rust? If not, they are probably a good idea.