PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss CWash Concentrate and DG Aquawax

fredcandetail
05-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Hey guys
Just added a gallon of the car wash concentrate and the Aquawax today per the special that was run the other day and was looking to get some feedback from the crew on some do's and don't with these products
I hear a little goes a long way with the soap but it calls for one ounce per gallon ...
Thanks for the feedback and I hope I spent a wise $36 on these two to compliment Megs Shampoo plus and their Synthetic Spray wax

Dr Oldz
05-06-2011, 10:16 PM
Hey guys
Just added a gallon of the car wash concentrate and the Aquawax today per the special that was run the other day and was looking to get some feedback from the crew on some do's and don't with these products
I hear a little goes a long way with the soap but it calls for one ounce per gallon ...
Thanks for the feedback and I hope I spent a wise $36 on these two to compliment Megs Shampoo plus and their Synthetic Spray wax

I can only comment on the CWC......I find that 1oz per gallon is perfect.(Good cleaning ability and good lubricity) anything less compromises these qualities.

James K
05-06-2011, 10:26 PM
I use the recommend amount or less. Works great. I use the AquaWax as a drying aid. I have had streaking problems once with it when I used to much. I really like both products.

rwright
05-06-2011, 10:52 PM
You may have to use Aqua Wax a few times before you develop a system. You can use it on a wet or dry panel but works best on a wet panel and I would work one panel at a time. As for the car soap, 1oz per gallon is fine but more is still safe. I will note that adding ONR does not increase performance like some other soaps.

Sent using Tapatalk

Setec Astronomy
05-06-2011, 10:59 PM
Many users recommend using only 1/2 oz/gal, I have found that to be fine via foam gun. Conversely to rwright, I have never gotten the hang of using products like AW on a wet panel and always do it dry...although it sure would be nice one-step it while drying...I guess part of the problem is I'm always leary of getting anything "waxy" in my drying towels.

Lasthope05
05-07-2011, 12:35 AM
1/2 oz per gallon works great for me. Didnt notice much of a difference between 1/2 oz and 1 oz. The stuff is super concentrated just like Opt car wash.

AW works great on either a wet or dry panel, but if you want maximum durability apply on a dry panel. AW has really great durability for a spray sealant. I've tested it against Nattys blue and it lasts just as long (3-4 weeks) .

svtsupremecy
05-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Im actually thinking about buying the Duragloss Car wash soap and a Foam cannon right now...but I have used the Aquawax many times before, I use it just before i dry the car off and it gives a great look. Also it works really well on wheels...great pop.

Ive used/still use 6-7 duragloss products , they seem to be pretty legit.

fredcandetail
05-08-2011, 06:50 PM
Yeah man, loaded up 3ounces soap and 6 ounces water in the C setting on the gilmour and was PLENTY OF SUDS and great lubricity!
Aaaannnnd I have about 4-5 ounces left so enough for anothe full size suv! Great soap as far as I'm concerned and the spray wax ... Well I think it's just as good as the Megs Synthetic Spray Wax but no complaints

D_Nyholm
05-08-2011, 07:09 PM
I've always used the duragloss and was happy with it until I tried optimum car wash. Seems to have much fuller bubbles and is much slicker than the duragloss. I now am using up the duragloss on customers cars and saving the optimum for my own cars. :)