PDA

View Full Version : My pad bounces...

bambo2888
01-06-2007, 04:03 PM
At speeds 5 and below, the pad is fine. The second I turn it higher, the pad begins to bounce and vibrate violently. What can be causeing this? I also noticed that this does not happen on my low profile pads, just the thicker ones. Thanks in advance.

dengood1
01-06-2007, 05:21 PM
At speeds 5 and below, the pad is fine. The second I turn it higher, the pad begins to bounce and vibrate violently. What can be causeing this? I also noticed that this does not happen on my low profile pads, just the thicker ones. Thanks in advance.

Try to center the pad more and make sure you "lube" the pad with a mist of water or quick detailer.

bambo2888
01-06-2007, 05:42 PM
nope, not centering or lubing. I did both of those, thinking that they were my problem. It seems like the pad, under high rpms, gains a growth and expands on one side. I doubt that is what happens, but use that as a visual.

dengood1
01-06-2007, 06:05 PM
run the pc at low speed upside down and see if you can see any abnormalities with the pad. If you have stored it with something on top of it or in an awkward position it will retain that form and be off balance. Other than that, just make sure you're holding it correctly and don't use one hand until you can get used to it. I place one hand on top of the end(on handle side) and wrap the other hand around the base, or back.

Sevenrd
01-06-2007, 09:17 PM
Also, try putting more pressure on the pad. I experience hop on the PC with my thicker orange pads if I don't put an appropriate amount of pressure on them.

bambo2888
01-06-2007, 09:36 PM
yea, the extra pressure solves the problem, but its sounds like its spinning with un equally dispersed pressure, even though I am sure it is... oh well

Surfer
01-06-2007, 09:39 PM
yea, the extra pressure solves the problem, but its sounds like its spinning with un equally dispersed pressure, even though I am sure it is... oh wellI keep forgetting your close by, if I had time I'd help you. PM me your info and maybe we'll meet up sometime and I'll show you if anything is wrong.