PDA

View Full Version : New Guy Needs Help

427cobraS/C
05-06-2011, 06:27 PM
Hello all. I'm about to place an order however, I would like your opinion on whether I am going the right direction before I actually place the order.

I have a 2010 Honda Accord Gun Metal in color which is now a year old. I would like to detail it but I don't think I have swirl marks in the paint. I thought I would use Pinnacle products. Would you add or subtract anything that I plan to use below? I would like to keep the cost down, but want my car to look like the ones I see here.

1.Clay Lubricant,Ultra Poly Clay
2.Paintwork Cleaning Lotion
3.Advanced finishing Polish
4.Signature Series 2 Paste wax

Should I use a sealer before waxing it or is it okay the way I plan on detailing the car?

Thanks,
Jim

reality33
05-06-2011, 06:49 PM
That is a very basic bit of kit to get you in the right direction for a great looking car. Do you have any type of orbital polisher like the Porter Cable 7424? The Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish is basically a final polish to bring the paint to a high gloss. If you are thinking of polishing by hand, I would maybe look at a different polish. Poorboy's world Professional Polish finishes great, and works well by hand.

Besides that, do forget a good car wash soap! The Pinnacle is a great soap, along with the SONAX or Dodo SuperNatural soaps.

You do not have to use a sealant before waxing, but with your colour, I would highly recommend throwing down a coat of Poorboy's World EX-P then the sig series II. The EX-P has one heck of a gloss level to it, and lasting protection, while the Sig Seris II will give you the warm Carnauba look and make the flake in the paint pop.

427cobraS/C
05-07-2011, 10:36 AM
Thomas,

Thank you for your help. Yes, I do have a Porter Cable 7424. Do you think I would be better off not using the advanced finishing polish and replace it with sealant?

Thanks again Thomas.

Jim

fancyfootwork
05-07-2011, 10:54 AM
Get some microfibers!

I would change your polish to Menzerna Power Gloss or Meguiars M205 if your not looking to do a two step.