PDA

View Full Version : All PERL users...

ObsessiveAutoDetail
05-06-2011, 02:31 PM
So I just received my bottle of PERL, mixed it 50/50 with distilled water and applied it to a section of rubber window belt and my side view mirror per the directions on the bottle. It sat over 12 hours, bone dry. Today it rained for several hours, and to my dismay, the treated areas were spotted and it looked like it had "ran" a little. What did I do wrong? I thought this stuff was supposed to last for at least a little while...

It does look fantastic though... before the rain that is.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

richy
05-06-2011, 07:15 PM
No idea, hopefully Avi will chime in. Sorry it did that. I have switched to using UTTG on outside trim and the PERL for the inside.

ObsessiveAutoDetail
05-06-2011, 07:25 PM
No idea, hopefully Avi will chime in. Sorry it did that. I have switched to using UTTG on outside trim and the PERL for the inside.

Yeah... I'm kinda bummed out... Hopefully it's me and not the PERL. Does the UTTG hold up in the rain without spotting/running???

Scott DeBrun
05-06-2011, 07:30 PM
I've used UTTG on my Fusion and my wife's Escape and it holds up nice against rain and washing.

john b
05-06-2011, 07:34 PM
i have been useing uttg on the outside window rubber trim [if thats what they call it] with a 1 inch foam brush and have had great results compared to pb trim restorer with no runs-also keeps them lookin new

ObsessiveAutoDetail
05-06-2011, 07:47 PM
i have been useing uttg on the outside window rubber trim [if thats what they call it] with a 1 inch foam brush and have had great results compared to pb trim restorer with no runs-also keeps them lookin new

Thats what I'm looking for. Everything I've tried as of yet has spotted and/or ran after the first rain. Kind of disappointing. I know NOTHING will last forever, but a couple of rain showers would be nice...

Crazy Amos
05-06-2011, 10:13 PM
Check out Jason (Seajays) comparison thread. That says it all.

CEE DOG
05-06-2011, 10:16 PM
There is no question that Ultima Trim and Tire Guard is in a league all it's own. That's just fact.

Dr Oldz
05-06-2011, 10:19 PM
There is no question that Ultima Trim and Tire Guard is in a league all it's own. That's just fact.

Can't argue with facts! UTTG ROCKS!!

richy
05-07-2011, 12:38 AM
The only better alternative to UTTG is C4, but it's a lot more $$. For how long it lasts, unquestionably the UTTG is the better value.

Dr Oldz
05-07-2011, 03:08 AM
The only better alternative to UTTG is C4, but it's a lot more $$. For how long it lasts, unquestionably the UTTG is the better value.

Hey, Richy...Do u mind sending me a 3 or 4oz sample of C4 to try out? LOL :hungry:

Da Fats
05-07-2011, 03:37 AM
Hey, Richy...Do u mind sending me a 3 or 4oz sample of C4 to try out? LOL :hungry:

Did you smoke crack this morning :)

Avi@CarPro
05-07-2011, 04:03 AM
So I just received my bottle of PERL, mixed it 50/50 with distilled water and applied it to a section of rubber window belt and my side view mirror per the directions on the bottle. It sat over 12 hours, bone dry. Today it rained for several hours, and to my dismay, the treated areas were spotted and it looked like it had "ran" a little. What did I do wrong? I thought this stuff was supposed to last for at least a little while...

It does look fantastic though... before the rain that is.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Hi
can you show me pictures please from your perl treated.
how did you apply it exactly and how much liquid used?
did you buff it well after spraying? PERL is completely water base, no solvents in it, for some exterior surfaces if its raining alot, better to use it neat without dilution.
please show me pics from your application..

Avi@CarPro
05-07-2011, 06:59 AM
Another important point i didnt ask ,,, did you clean very well the plastic before? with APC ? you must clean well for good cling on surface.