PDA

View Full Version : AIO or Multiple steps to start?

70chevelle
05-06-2011, 07:41 AM
Looking for some direction. I have a Makita 9227, but I'm not experienced using it as a buffer. I have a decent stock of LC CCS pads for it, and am not currently interested in investing in a PC/Griots DA at this time. My first victim will be a fender from my Chevelle that was used as a sample sprayout for the final color. The next will be my '03 Durango, and then on to my '05 Benz E. After that, will be my wifes '05 Benz CLK cabrio. After reading thru (and posting) in the 'Best AIO' thread, I researched Meguiars D151. It seems to be a good beginners product, since I can use the same product but change pads if I need to be more agressive. I was initially going to get the Menzerna 86/106 combo for the Benz ceramic clear, but it's kind of pricey and also increases the variables with 2 products and the different pads. I figure that if I get comfortable with the D151, the Makita and then want more, I can get the Menzerna products and go to town. My plans would be to top the D151 with 845. I like the idea of the AIO's, and it seems the D151 is well recommended along with being reasonably priced. Thoughts?