PDA

View Full Version : Any Great detailers in the central PA (Harrisburg) area?

Pages : [1] 2

tuscarora dave
05-05-2011, 07:48 PM
From time to time I get too busy a schedule to handle all the work that comes my way and would like to be able to refer some of the extra work to another local detailer. I am not looking for a production detail shop but rather an enthusiast type of detailer that would like to pick up a little extra work doing high quality paint corrections and interior details.

I wouldn't be comfortable sending potential word of mouth clients to just anyone so I would want to team up with any takers on a few details to see for myself the quality and experience that they have to offer before sending the work their way.

If anyone in the local area would be interested in doing this, just reply to this thread or PM me if interested. Thanks. TD

DetailedByPrecision
05-05-2011, 09:20 PM
that's very nice of you to help a fellow member out. Hope you can get some help from someone.

tuscarora dave
05-05-2011, 09:45 PM
I don't really want to turn work away but lately I have been dealing with a lot of pain from a back injury that happened in my twenties. It gets aggravated from time to time and has really been bothering me lately.

Over the past few years I have developed some word of mouth notoriety for doing great detailing work. My focus is more on show car results for daily driver owners who either practice good washing technique or have me do the washing for them.

As much as I hate to give the work away, I know I am going to be busier than I want to be and if I have to refer these jobs to someone else I want to know that my clients will be taken care of by someone who isn't going to hack their car up with a rotary, wool pad and a heavy filler compound.

I doubt there will be a ton of work that I'll be giving away but more so the occasional detail.

There has been a lot of folks to help me out on this journey so I don't mind paying it forward but it has to be with the right kind of detailer.

DetailedByPrecision
05-05-2011, 10:43 PM
i completely understand. one's health is first priority before work because without being in good health you can't even work to earn any income.

slickooz
05-05-2011, 10:47 PM
Hope you'll get better Dave. And it is very nice of you to give another detailer some clients that you can't attend to.

tuscarora dave
05-06-2011, 03:57 AM
i completely understand. one's health is first priority before work because without being in good health you can't even work to earn any income.

Hope you'll get better Dave. And it is very nice of you to give another detailer some clients that you can't attend to.

Thanks guys.

I figured I should bump this for the early morning crew. Have a great day AG!!

tuscarora dave
05-06-2011, 05:25 PM
I had a day of doing mostly desk work today thanks to a cool boss. I have a few jobs to get done in the next few weeks. If i can't find someone to take the jobs I would split the money with someone who is learning to detail and might want to get some additional hands on experience.

Bump..

tuscarora dave
05-07-2011, 10:33 AM
good morning fellow Geekers.

tuscarora dave
05-07-2011, 07:48 PM
I got a few calls today thanks to Google. Too bad I had to pass on the work. I figure If I keep bumping this thread I may eventually find someone who wants to work together on a few of these jobs.

slickooz
05-07-2011, 08:15 PM
I would of def help you out if I lived closer... Hope you find someone who loves detailing and need extra cash.

slickooz
05-07-2011, 08:36 PM
Or if you ever get a job near me I will give you a hand. :)

Dr Oldz
05-07-2011, 08:47 PM
Wish I could help, Dave. I'm only about 80 miles North of you. I just don't have the time.

michael13
05-07-2011, 09:41 PM
I wish that I could help you.

I hope that your back starts feeling better. I am well aware of how much stress working in pain can cause a person.

tuscarora dave
05-08-2011, 06:34 AM
Or if you ever get a job near me I will give you a hand. :)

Wish I could help, Dave. I'm only about 80 miles North of you. I just don't have the time.

I wish that I could help you.

I hope that your back starts feeling better. I am well aware of how much stress working in pain can cause a person.
Thanks guys.

It's a good thing that I have a regular day job and once the human resources girl comes back from vacation I can see where I stand as far as health insurance is involved. The company was just bought by a new owner a few months back so I should have insurance coverage any day now. My back has been aggravated many times in the past but never this bad.

I think lifting my pressure washer in and out of my van is what did it this time so I'll be looking into getting a retractable PW hose reel so I can eliminate that heavy chore by bolting the PW down inside the van and just pulling as much hose as I need to do a job.

For now I think I'll pick up a cheap 12 volt come along from Harbor Freight Tools and build a ramp so I can roll the PW down the ramp and then pull it back up the ramp with the come along. There's a way to get around this problem but the hard part is just sitting still until my back heals a bit. This will be a good practice in patience and acceptance so I'll come out the other side a better person. There's a good and bad side to every situation and I do like to feed the good and not the bad.

tuscarora dave
05-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Here's what I need...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yyb25_TRkbk&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Niko Van Crane.wmv[/video]