PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys black hole topped with what?

Pages : [1] 2

DjbuddyPL
05-05-2011, 09:19 AM
Im looking to order poorboys black hole to temporarly hide my imprefections till i get a pc, now what wax or sealent that i can get that will last for a abit and still look very wet,dark and deep shine on the cheap?

embolism
05-05-2011, 09:28 AM
natty's blue paste or Collinite 845

you just don't want anything with cleaners in it...

TornadoRed
05-05-2011, 09:36 AM
I did a black hole test about a month ago. I covered it with Wolfgang deep gloss sealant on the roof and the rest of the car with Duragloss 111. Both seemed to work fine. Black hole made my paint incredibly glossy but I was disappointed with the filling of the few swirls I have. Apparently it doesn't work on red.
I can't say anything about durability because a week later I added aqua wax and then last week put on some fuzion.

ScubaCougr
05-05-2011, 10:13 AM
Applied BH topped with Poorboys EX to my dark red truck last night. This morning, several dealership folks commented how nice it looked in the service line up, beside lots of brand-new cars.

Now they only have to obey the large "DO NOT WASH" note on the dash. :buffing:

jbgrant
05-05-2011, 11:53 AM
I did a black hole test about a month ago. I covered it with Wolfgang deep gloss sealant on the roof and the rest of the car with Duragloss 111. Both seemed to work fine. Black hole made my paint incredibly glossy but I was disappointed with the filling of the few swirls I have. Apparently it doesn't work on red.
I can't say anything about durability because a week later I added aqua wax and then last week put on some fuzion.

Although some may find it distasteful that I mention turtle wax in this thread...I've had my best long-term swirl-filling experience with tw ice paste wax "polish." It fills swirls and and other defects on medium and dark cars well. The wax residue remains dark and does not result in your scratches and chips turning white a week or month later. It's sort of like an oil glaze with polymer durability. The liquid version that is more popular does not work nearly as well at this.

Besides their in-your-face fill-the-isle marketing strategy, I think this particular product has a bad reputation because people try to apply it like a traditional wax and use way too much. It's akin to a thick sealant and 1/2 an ounce can cover a sedan just fine; anymore and it becomes a greasy mess. Like all decent products, less is more. For some reason, TW ice paste gets better after multiple applications. It seems to like to layer which is possible since it's a polymer blend. I have found it needs a long cure (12-24 hours) before layering. Once cured, it can easily last 2-3 months of Indiana weather (beading and smoothness) and cleans up nicely. It is a unique and funky product ("grainy" consistency) and that definitely turns away some people.

BTW, I don't like TW as a company, their customer service is downright awful. They care nothing about the consumer, just the bottom line.

05xrunner
05-05-2011, 11:54 AM
i have topped it with Fuzion and Souveran and looks great with both

Rei86
05-05-2011, 11:58 AM
@ScubaCougr, I love your avatar.

Slate G8 GT
05-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Can u use the dg601 before dg111 over black hole or r there cleaners in it that will mess up the black hole?

tuscarora dave
05-05-2011, 08:34 PM
Natty's Blue over Black Hole is the way to go for hiding swirls on the cheap. If applying by hand I apply the Black hole and work it onto the paint in overlapping circular motions working it until it is very thin then I take a little break for 20 minutes or so, then without wiping the Black Hole off of the paint I go over it all with a thin, lightly applied layer of Natty's Blue. After another 20 minute break I go back and lightly wipe off the remaining glaze/wax residue.

Clean foam applicators work the best with these 2 products.

I've done extensive testing with these 2 products over the course of a few years and found that this way works the best for filling/hiding swirls.

Natty's Blue has a light amount of fillers in it so it in itself will actually hide some very minor swirls but if the car has yet to be polished I do recommend the Black Hole first.

As with any Poorboy's products these work very nicely in direct sunlight and there is no need to do just one panel at a time. You can do the entire car and wipe off is very easy. The longer you can let the Natty's Blue haze the better the look will be as it tends to leave a rainbow effect on the paint if not allowed to haze long enough, especially on black paint.

It's really hard to beat the look you get with these 2 products once you get the hang of how to use them on your paint.

S2K
05-05-2011, 08:41 PM
Very interesting Dave, it sure is funny that after I think I want one thing or buy something I read something that makes me want something else. I really want to try what you just wrote. Trying new products really is addicting, I wonder if there is a support group for it?

tuscarora dave
05-05-2011, 08:52 PM
Very interesting Dave, it sure is funny that after I think I want one thing or buy something I read something that makes me want something else. I really want to try what you just wrote. Trying new products really is addicting, I wonder if there is a support group for it?

The 12 steps of detailers anonymous
Step 1. We admitted we were powerless over waxing and that our wives had become unmanageable.
Step 2. Came to believe that a better wax could restore us to sanity.
Step 3. Made a decision to turn our wheels and our tires over to a tire shine as we understood it.
Step 4. Made a searching and fearless swirl inventory of our rides.
Step 5. Admitted to A.G.O., to ourselves and to another detailer the exact nature of our paint condition.
Step 6. Were entirely ready to have M-105 remove these defects and swirls.
Step 7. Humbly asked our banks to increase our credit limits.
Step 8. Made a list of all the products we would need and became willing to pay for them all.
Step 9. Made a direct leveling of our swirls except when to do so would remove too much clear or strike through.
Step 10. Continued to use 2 buckets and when the water got dirty promptly replaced it.
Step 11. Sought through detailing forums to improve our process as we understood it, asking only for the knowledge of products and the technique to use them.
Step 12. Having achieved a perfect paint finish as a result of these steps, we tried to carry these techniques to other detailers and to practice these processes with all of our vehicles.

http://i528.photobucket.com/albums/dd323/tuscaroradave/12StepCopper_s.jpg

S2K
05-05-2011, 09:07 PM
That is awesome Dave, I wonder if Bill and Bob waxed their cars?

Rayaz
05-05-2011, 09:50 PM

Support group? This isn't it?

tuscarora dave
05-05-2011, 09:59 PM
That is awesome Dave, I wonder if Bill and Bob waxed their cars?
I think all they had back then was Simoniz so they probably only did half the car and had their pigeons finish it. :xyxthumbs:

john b
05-05-2011, 10:17 PM
I think all they had back then was Simoniz so they probably only did half the car and had their pigeons finish it. :xyxthumbs:
ya-i got a new guy-he will be putting down the glaze after drs.opiniion-follow me ?