PDA

View Full Version : Best detailer spray to enhance 845?

05RLS2
05-05-2011, 01:05 AM
I am looking for some suggestions on the best detail spray to use after washing on a vehicle that has Collonite 845 on it. I am not necessarily looking for something that is primarily made to strictly enhance gloss, but also something that will prolong the durability of 845. With all of the different products available, I am not so sure which ones are best due to compatibility with the wax properites itslef. Any suggestions?

silverfox
05-05-2011, 04:22 AM
Collinite doesn't need a detail spray or anything else to make it last longer. In fact just try removing collinite sometime. Not an easy chore. No with collinite if you want to enhance it do so for the "look" you are going for and don't be concerned about prolonging it. It was made for coating electrical and marine applications so your car isn't needing anymore help once collinite is applied.

BobbyG
05-05-2011, 06:41 AM
John makes a very good point. Collinite 845 on its own is a great wax with a long lasting durable shine.

I've almost gotten away from using commercially available detail spray. If I seed some I mix up some rinseless car wash, spray it on then wipe it off.

I also use Collinite 845 on my truck and wife's car and after a good wash I'll dry the finish and give it a once over with Optimum Spray Wax. Pinnacle Spray Wax is another great gloss enhancer.

dougaross
05-05-2011, 06:47 AM
Duragloss AquaWax can be used after wash while still wet. 845 really does not need any help.

TLMitchell
05-05-2011, 07:48 AM
Duragloss AquaWax can be used after wash while still wet. 845 really does not need any help.

:dblthumb2: DGAW ia a nice gloss enhancer on light colors as 845 mellows over time.

TL

Larry A
05-05-2011, 09:19 AM
I second DGAW. Eagle One Wipe n Shine is also good.

PA DETAILER
05-05-2011, 11:36 AM
i have been maintaining my 845 finish with DP FINAL GLOSS detailer. this detailer still amazes me! glad i have the gallon size. its like putting down another layer of carnuba with each use.

BobbyG
05-05-2011, 12:00 PM
i have been maintaining my 845 finish with DP FINAL GLOSS detailer. this detailer still amazes me! glad i have the gallon size. its like putting down another layer of carnuba with each use.

I agree, this is pretty nice stuff!! :props:

I bought mine on a BOGO sale so I have enough to last me a while...:props:

HeavyMetal
05-05-2011, 12:10 PM
DP NR diluted to QD looks OK, Adams QD looks much nicer. So whatever you choose I'd say go with a dedicated QD.

bill57
05-06-2011, 06:18 PM
I use Aquawax after washing, and my 845 keeps looking great and hangs in there. Eagle One "Wax as U Dry" works, also, but to a lesser extent, IMO.

05RLS2
05-07-2011, 12:06 AM
Collinite doesn't need a detail spray or anything else to make it last longer. In fact just try removing collinite sometime. Not an easy chore. No with collinite if you want to enhance it do so for the "look" you are going for and don't be concerned about prolonging it. It was made for coating electrical and marine applications so your car isn't needing anymore help once collinite is applied.
Yeah, I know 845 is a real durbale wax. That's why it's been my choice for a LSP for a few years now. For the price, you can't beat the durability and shine from it, and trust me I have tried many different sealants and waxes prior.

I guess the thing I am looking to maintain is the shine and slickness that you get after applying 845.

Is that the beading pictured under your username with 845 maintained with the DP?

James K
05-07-2011, 12:28 AM
Duragloss aquawax or Finnish Kare 425 are my two favorites. Both have a real nice shine and leave a nice slick finish.

mg6045
05-08-2011, 05:15 PM
I have used every Q.Detailer known to man up till this point. And IME Optimum's Instant Detailer and Gloss enhancer is KING. Slickness, Gloss, Smell, Versatility (use while wet of dry). It has more durability than most spray wax's. My car can stay VERY slick for a solid 3 weeks.

The Optimum Spray wax is another great choice , but I just find the Instant Detailer to be more versatile for my use.