PDA

View Full Version : CQuartz vs wax and sealants?

DjbuddyPL
05-04-2011, 07:04 PM
What is CQuartz exactly and is it hard to use, and how does it compare to wax and sealants with shine and protection?

ScottB
05-04-2011, 07:48 PM
The new coating systems (Cquartz and Optibond 2.0) are much more durable than either a wax or sealant. The look is quite similar to the sealant, still not as wet and deep as a wax.

prisonerofcs
05-04-2011, 08:03 PM
I'm very interested in Opti-coat 2.0, my car is 6 years old, and the paint is in pretty good condition for its age. I can't get it 100% corrected, but with a couple courts of Duragloss 105 and Aquawax it looks great.

I understand that Opti-coat 2.0 won't hide any imperfections, but will I still be able to apply products over top of it that will hide imperfections?

Any recommendations on what products work well over top of it?

ScottB
05-04-2011, 08:35 PM
I have found it best to not be topped, and no it wont hide swirls or marring not corrected.

S2K
05-04-2011, 08:56 PM
I think I already know the answer but I'll ask anyway, can you use a glaze like PB BH under it?

Jeff120
05-04-2011, 09:05 PM
I think I already know the answer but I'll ask anyway, can you use a glaze like PB BH under it?

Dont think so, it will hinder the coating bonding to the surface. It needs to be clean of everything before applying the coating.

S2K
05-04-2011, 09:07 PM
Dont think so, it will hinder the coating bonding to the surface. It needs to be clean of everything before applying the coating.
That was the answer I was thinking, but thought I'd throw it out there anyway.

Larry A
05-04-2011, 09:09 PM
The thing I dont like about CQuartz and OPT -coat is the fact that to remove it you must buff it off. They should make a solvent that lets you remove it.

TornadoRed
05-04-2011, 09:11 PM
What is CQuartz exactly and is it hard to use, and how does it compare to wax and sealants with shine and protection?

3-categories-waxes-paint-sealants-coatings (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/hot-topics-frequently-asked-questions/34185-3-categories-waxes-paint-sealants-coatings.html)

CEE DOG
05-04-2011, 09:34 PM
OP, it is very easy to use.

This is what it is. http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/product-reviews/34883-review-extreme-testing-opti-coat-2-0-cquartz.html

aznwhip
05-06-2011, 05:09 PM
Which is more durable for areas such as wheels? I've got a new set being forged and would like to give them either a CQuartz treatment or Opticoat 2.0 prior to mounting. All talk about durability has been pretty much about just paint, not wheels. They'll be powder coated with clear coated polished lips.

richy
05-06-2011, 06:42 PM
Which is more durable for areas such as wheels? I've got a new set being forged and would like to give them either a CQuartz treatment or Opticoat 2.0 prior to mounting. All talk about durability has been pretty much about just paint, not wheels. They'll be powder coated with clear coated polished lips.

Either one will do fine.