PDA

View Full Version : Glare polish

walt
05-04-2011, 06:31 PM
HI MIKE, have u ever use GLARE products?

BobbyG
05-04-2011, 06:50 PM
:welcome: To Autogeek Online Walt!

Glare products are new to me, have you used them?

walt
05-04-2011, 07:04 PM
yes ,its a two step process. 1st coat used as a polish,2nd coat is a sealant.

dietdewboy
05-04-2011, 07:24 PM
I've never used it but I've heard from a couple motorcycle buddies that its real hard when its cured.

TLMitchell
05-04-2011, 09:35 PM
....have u ever use GLARE products?

I've used the Pro Polish. After reading their Web site I was dubious as to some of their claims. It was recommended to me to hopefully add some swirl resistance to the super-soft black finish on one of my bikes. It's also marketed with OEM labels... I found Honda Glare Pro Polish on eBay for about half what the manufacturer wants for it. Word is you can find it at BMW dealers as well. Same stuff.

It acts as a decent enough diminishing abrasive polish. Dunno about the rest of the claims though. It didn't solve my problem so it got shoved to the rear of the detailing cabinet. I did discover it's an excellent chrome polish for motorcycle exhausts as it doesn't seem to burn off at high temps the way sealants and waxes do. It sheets rather than beads so I don't have water spots on the chrome after riding in weather.

I've never used it but I've heard from a couple motorcycle buddies that its real hard when its cured.

That's the claim... didn't add any swirl resistance whatsoever to my soft black paint. YMMV.

TL

viktor928
05-04-2011, 10:30 PM
I used it for 2 years ...and still have a little bit.It is good final polish and you can use it as sealant but make sure to apply very thin!!! It dust a lot and make sure not to hit the trims ! Now I use it only for rims and windshield/windows .Hey but the 60 months warranty they claim ......NO WAY !

tcfatboys
05-31-2011, 04:32 PM
I have only use the car wash shampoo / expensive by the way. But. It leaves a really nice finish.
I use it on a black car. And it gave me a nice finish

small bottle but sure it work's