PDA

View Full Version : Opti-Coat 2.0 and Glass

dougaross
05-04-2011, 06:36 AM
I was wondering what technique people use to apply OC to side glass. How do you get both the top edge where it slide into the sill and the rest glass coated without smearing it? What happens when it dries in contact with the stuff at the top or bottom of the window frame?

richy
05-04-2011, 07:59 AM
Doug, you don't need to cover every single millimeter of the windshield. Just to to within a half or quarter inch of the edge. All you're trying to do it give the section you look through the water repellancy characteristics.

dougaross
05-04-2011, 08:00 AM
Doug, you don't need to cover every single millimeter of the windshield. Just to to within a half or quarter inch of the edge. All you're trying to do it give the section you look through the water repellancy characteristics.
I guess I wasn't clear - I meant the side glass windows

richy
05-04-2011, 08:12 AM
I was wondering what technique people use to apply OC to side glass. How do you get both the top edge where it slide into the sill and the rest glass coated without smearing it? What happens when it dries in contact with the stuff at the top or bottom of the window frame?

Sorry, just didn't read it carefully enough. But, actually, the advice is the same. It's what I do anyway, which is just come close to the edge. It cures quickly so there's no issue about it smearing. You level it with a mf if it is gets high spots just like you do on paint. Hope that helps.