PDA

View Full Version : Wax recommendation

daddyx
05-03-2011, 01:32 PM
I have a 2006 Infiniti FX35 with the Diamond Graphite Metallic exterior. I am looking for a recommendation on a good wax to use. I do not have a polisher or anything like that so it will be done with good old fashioned elbow grease. I had it professionally detailed before the start of this last winter so it's not in that bad of shape.

Thanks!

Scott DeBrun
05-03-2011, 01:55 PM
You mau want to check out Einzett panit polish (red can) and glanz wax (blue can). They will clean the paint nicely without alot of effort and the glanz wax is a sealant with some carnuaba. Once you have used these then you may want to step up to a more glamourous wax but they should get you started and they also leave a nice finish with about 4 months of protection.

HeavyMetal
05-03-2011, 01:59 PM
I have a RAV4 with metallic gray. Try Pinnacle Liquid Souveran. It's a combo of carnuba and polymers. The slickness and look are absolutely sick. :dblthumb2:

James K
05-03-2011, 02:01 PM
What is more important to you, durability or looks? Or would you prefer a combination of both? How often do you mind applying the product? How often is the car driven? What is your budget? Do you like a high gloss candy coated.look, or a deeper richer shine?

I ask because everyone can say what they like, and all of it is good, but it might not be what you are looking for.

daddyx
05-03-2011, 02:06 PM
What is more important to you, durability or looks? Or would you prefer a combination of both? How often do you mind applying the product? How often is the car driven? What is your budget? Do you like a high gloss candy coated.look, or a deeper richer shine?

I ask because everyone can say what they like, and all of it is good, but it might not be what you are looking for.

I guess I don't mind doing the process every 2-3 months, I don't mind putting in the work to have it look nice. Typically in the summer I mostly ride my motorcycle so it's typically driven when the weather is not so nice. I guess I have never given much thought to the difference in look, I just like it shiny and mirror like.

AeroCleanse
05-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Dodo Juice Supernatural Wax applied with the Dodo Juice Finger Mitt.

Car I did with Dodo Juice Supernatural (http://youtu.be/Lt8F1RBB7J8?hd=1)

Lasthope05
05-03-2011, 02:23 PM
I guess I don't mind doing the process every 2-3 months, I don't mind putting in the work to have it look nice. Typically in the summer I mostly ride my motorcycle so it's typically driven when the weather is not so nice. I guess I have never given much thought to the difference in look, I just like it shiny and mirror like.

For a bright mirror shine some good wax/sealants that I like are:

FK1000p
Collinite 845
4 Star UPP
Duragloss 501
Duragloss 111
Klasse Sealant Glaze

Silverstone
05-03-2011, 06:12 PM
Klass SG looks like glass on my metallic gray VW. But I use three coats to get that much gloss.

For less work I've been getting similar results with Wolfgang Deep Gloss sealant - just 1 coat.

I've also used Liquid Sovereign which is really nice but I think the carnauba is a bit wasted on this light of a color. It looks very good but doesn't sparkle like the other two.

ScottB
05-03-2011, 06:32 PM
Pinnacle SSII or Dodo Hard Candy ...use with a paint cleansing lotion as needed.