PDA

View Full Version : Clay lube or Quick Detailer?

XLNTShine
05-03-2011, 05:49 AM
I see a lot of different specific clay lubes available and of course thats a no brainer that its OK to use while claying a vehicle. Is one better then the other in your opinion?

Two, I see companies like Griots saying to use their speed shine and others saying to use their quick detailer. Do these contain waxes or sealants??

Of the two what so you feel is the best or if they are equally good do you choose one over the other so you don't keep two chemicals on the shelf??

Thanks!

William

silverfox
05-03-2011, 06:30 AM
While either will work, why not consider using a rinseless wash product like ONR (detail strength) or a waterless wash product like Ultima or DP (full strength) for claying a car? Detail sprays are more for making your car look like it was just waxed (quick once-over to remove minor dust and provide a high gloss). Rinseless and waterless washes have more lubricity and they clean the paint better (that's what they were designed to do)...so you have even more options now.

Also, consider the fact that with a waterless wash or a rinseless wash product, you can use them for a variety of uses (hence only needing to buy one product)...they can be used for washing, detail sprays, and absolutely as a clay lube as well.

There is a place for detail sprays in my view but for claying a car, I'd prefer ONR or a waterless wash product.

Emm
05-03-2011, 07:16 AM
I use Ultima rinsless wash for both clay lube and quick detail, it is good stuff

PPLd
05-03-2011, 08:20 AM
I use Optimum No Rinse as clay lube.
The recommended dilution ratio is not slick enough to my taste, I use it on double the recommended clay lube ratio and I am happy with that.

HeavyMetal
05-03-2011, 08:27 AM
I can't comment on dedicated clay lubes, but DP NR cut to lube strength works just fine. I leave the car wet from rinsing and then mist the entire car with lube. Works quite nicely.

XLNTShine
05-03-2011, 10:32 AM
Are the DP NR ratios on the bottle, I dont seem them on the product page.

HeavyMetal
05-03-2011, 10:43 AM
Are the DP NR ratios on the bottle, I dont seem them on the product page.

Yes.

Rsurfer
05-03-2011, 01:29 PM
I use Ultima rinsless wash for both clay lube and quick detail, it is good stuff:iagree:What about a waterless wash?

XLNTShine
05-03-2011, 02:31 PM
I dont know, have you used it before?