PDA

View Full Version : What is more useful, a Pressure washer or a Extractor?

Pages : [1] 2

D_Nyholm
05-02-2011, 08:32 PM
I have room for only one of these in my car for details (I think) and i'm trying to determine which would be used more often. I use a pressure washer at my house for details and it really does help, but I've never used an extractor and i'm not sure which one would give me better results in the long run. I would be getting an electric pressure washer (can't lug around my gas one from home) and buy something higher quality instead of a $150 karcher since i will be using it a decent amount (I do about 3-5 details a week). Same goes for the extractor. I currently spray my carpets with cleaner and use a wet brush to scrub the carpets and then use a wet/dry vac to get the water/cleaner out. I've had some great results doing it this way.

Any opinions would be appreciated!

Flash Gordon
05-02-2011, 08:40 PM
I do my carpets the same. It seems to work for me

My vote would be the pressure washer

JonMiles
05-02-2011, 08:46 PM
Pressure Washer

mpm
05-02-2011, 08:58 PM
ONR for the outside and extractor for the inside. I rarely use my electric pressure washer even though I do carry both of them with me. I'm lucky enough to have room in my truck.

James K
05-02-2011, 09:10 PM
I say pressure washer. You already have a vet dry vac for water extraction. A pressure washer will be able to blast off the cakes on dirt in a pre rinse. You can't clean everything with ONR. Plus the pressure washer works great to rinse heavily soils.floor mats.

WindyCity
05-02-2011, 11:05 PM
My vote is defenately for an extractor. I totally can do without a P/W (it is nice to have though)

Bates Detailing
05-02-2011, 11:07 PM
Extractor 100%! For sure!!!!! I have NEVER used a pressure washer (to wash cars) and yes I make a living detailing lol...... but dont tell the other people in the forum lol.

93fox
05-02-2011, 11:21 PM
Extractor 100%! For sure!!!!! I have NEVER used a pressure washer (to wash cars) and yes I make a living detailing lol...... but dont tell the other people in the forum lol.

Uh oh here comes the rocks....
DUCK!!!!

john b
05-02-2011, 11:54 PM
i would get both-that way you will have internal peace and you wont have to think about it again.that would ensure the detailer sanity:xyxthumbs:

D_Nyholm
05-03-2011, 10:29 AM
Haha, wish i could get both, but I just don't have the room...and the money! :) Though I have been looking and the extractors look REALLY BIG! Not to sure i'll even be able to fit that!! I'll have to snoop around a little more at them.

AeroCleanse
05-03-2011, 10:44 AM
Pressure washer for sure. I owned an extractor and got rid of it for a steamer. Unless you get on of those cheap Bissel units

autocosmetics
05-03-2011, 10:54 AM
What kind of steamer did you get? I bought a Mytee HP60 for interiors and carpet, then started checking into the steamers and really like them. I'm thinking they'll use less chemicals and sanitize too. I was comparing the Dupray Hill Injection and the Carmen Super Inox (because of the extractor I might not need the Mytee..?)

AeroCleanse
05-03-2011, 12:12 PM
What kind of steamer did you get? I bought a Mytee HP60 for interiors and carpet, then started checking into the steamers and really like them. I'm thinking they'll use less chemicals and sanitize too. I was comparing the Dupray Hill Injection and the Carmen Super Inox (because of the extractor I might not need the Mytee..?)

Those are two great choices. I have a UniLux 3000, which was a whole lot cheaper. If I were buying another one I'd make sure to get one with continuous fill.

autocosmetics
05-03-2011, 06:25 PM
Have you ever tried your steamer to wash the exterior?

AeroCleanse
05-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Have you ever tried your steamer to wash the exterior?

Yes. Works somewhat, but it doesn't have water injection, so it doesn't do as well as I hoped.