PDA

View Full Version : Prayer Request Thread

Pages : [1] 2

PAR Detailing
05-02-2011, 08:00 PM
I was detailing a car today and though this thread would be a good idea. When I detail I have alot of time to myself and try to pray while I work.

I will start the request off. I just graduated college not too long ago and I dont really know what I am going to do as far as work and the future. I am starting to feel some pressure and stress about it. My request is that God opens the doors that are supposed to be opened and that He closes the doors that are supposed to be closed.

Any and all requests you have feel free to share. If you dont want to get into specifics feel free to say "please pray for me"

Jon

dad07
05-02-2011, 08:07 PM
Ok Jon "please pray for me" and I'll be Praying for you!

Perfections
05-02-2011, 08:08 PM
Keep the Faith brother, and I'll be praying for ya!

Mike Phillips
05-02-2011, 08:10 PM
I just graduated college not too long ago and I dont really know what I am going to do as far as work and the future.

I am starting to feel some pressure and stress about it.

Gosh Jon,

After meeting you and working with you (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/34525-1956-pontiac-star-chief-convertible.html) I was completely impressed with your positive spirit and professional and polite personality. You have everything going for you including time.

So fear not.

He knows the beginning, the present and the future, you just do right and have faith.

:)

shooter88
05-02-2011, 08:11 PM
I'll pray for you bother!

thedirtyshow
05-02-2011, 08:15 PM
I was detailing a car today and though this thread would be a good idea. When I detail I have alot of time to myself and try to pray while I work.

I will start the request off. I just graduated college not too long ago and I dont really know what I am going to do as far as work and the future. I am starting to feel some pressure and stress about it. My request is that God opens the doors that are supposed to be opened and that He closes the doors that are supposed to be closed.

Any and all requests you have feel free to share. If you dont want to get into specifics feel free to say "please pray for me"

Jon

Matthew 6:26

Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

HE will supply your needs, i tell my wife this all the time when she worries about bills or layoffs.

my prayer request is God's will be done in my life. God bless you.

PAR Detailing
05-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Thanks everyone. I appretiate the prayers, you can never have enough of them!

I was thinking this could be a communal thread where we can all share or requests so everyone can be praying for everyone. So keep them comming

Flash Gordon
05-02-2011, 08:19 PM
I've already been praying for you, and everyone else too. Its part of my morning ritual. On my prayer list it says "forum friends and enemies"

I'll start being more direct though

Your a fine young man Jon

================================================== ===

Pray my house doesn't flood and it quits raining. Super depressing in the big m town with all this wetness. I couldn't even walk Trouble today :(

JonMiles
05-02-2011, 08:42 PM
I will start the request off. I just graduated college not too long ago and I dont really know what I am going to do as far as work and the future. I am starting to feel some pressure and stress about it.

Hey Jon, I was in the same boat until about 2 months ago when I received an unexpected phone call with a generous job offer in my field.

The offer was made by a man I had met while working at a liquor store to pick up the slack financially. He was a regular customer who had a taste in wine and always asked how school and life were going. I would mention the classes I was taking and the stress I felt during exam weeks. Also, I would mention that graduation was closing in and I was interested in pursuing opportunities in my field. I had no idea he was a CEO of a corporation in my field, until I had talked to him numerous times over the course of 6 months. He never even hinted at it until a day he came into the store after I had unknowingly talked to his brother about my classes and plans for the future. His Brother put in a good word for me and passed along my phone number. The next time he came into the store, we talked Chemistry. I gave him my resume with no expectation for employment. Now he is my boss.

I realized from this offer, that it is not always what you know, but sometimes who you know. Just remember in talking to anyone in general conversation; don't be shy about mentioning your recent graduation and your field and telling them that you are looking for opportunities, but have fallen short recently. If someone has even a slight feeling that they may know someone in your field, have a resume on hand. Honesty, confidence, and appearance make a big impression on people. Make every connection possible, network, maintain a professional appearance, and keep your head up. If the right person comes along and your handshake and conversation make an impact on them, then the opportunity will arise for success. Good luck with everything, and I will pray for you to be given an opportunity asap.

If you don't mind me asking....what was your degree in?

Mike Phillips
05-02-2011, 08:53 PM
The next time he came into the store, we talked Chemistry. I gave him my resume with no expectation for employment. Now he is my boss.

What a great story! Inspiring too!

Thank you for sharing it!

:dblthumb2:

PAR Detailing
05-02-2011, 09:10 PM
Hey Jon, I was in the same boat until about 2 months ago when I received an unexpected phone call with a generous job offer in my field.

The offer was made by a man I had met while working at a liquor store to pick up the slack financially. He was a regular customer who had a taste in wine and always asked how school and life were going. I would mention the classes I was taking and the stress I felt during exam weeks. Also, I would mention that graduation was closing in and I was interested in pursuing opportunities in my field. I had no idea he was a CEO of a corporation in my field, until I had talked to him numerous times over the course of 6 months. He never even hinted at it until a day he came into the store after I had unknowingly talked to his brother about my classes and plans for the future. His Brother put in a good word for me and passed along my phone number. The next time he came into the store, we talked Chemistry. I gave him my resume with no expectation for employment. Now he is my boss.

I realized from this offer, that it is not always what you know, but sometimes who you know. Just remember in talking to anyone in general conversation; don't be shy about mentioning your recent graduation and your field and telling them that you are looking for opportunities, but have fallen short recently. If someone has even a slight feeling that they may know someone in your field, have a resume on hand. Honesty, confidence, and appearance make a big impression on people. Make every connection possible, network, maintain a professional appearance, and keep your head up. If the right person comes along and your handshake and conversation make an impact on them, then the opportunity will arise for success. Good luck with everything, and I will pray for you to be given an opportunity asap.

If you don't mind me asking....what was your degree in?

Thats an awesome story Jon

I got my degree in Kinesiology and Health Promotion with a teaching certificate to teach PE and Health K-12.

outlawtim
05-02-2011, 09:12 PM
I will pray for everyone on here that God keeps them safe and that his word will grow inside of each and everyone of us more and more each and every day.

Flash Gordon
05-29-2011, 08:19 AM
Thats an awesome story Jon

I got my degree in Kinesiology and Health Promotion with a teaching certificate to teach PE and Health K-12.

Physical therapy is another field that may intrest you. I know a girl who started out being a personal trainer, then started school to become a physical therapist. Today she is doing very well

The Baby Boomer generation will keep you in business for at least 30 years

Flash

Shane731
05-29-2011, 11:28 AM
Just kinda confused as to what I want to do with my life. Kinda stuck in a rut, so to speak, and I would like to move out of it. Also been dealing with some personal demons lately and need to win this spiritual battle. Please pray that God will give me strength and show me what to do.

Wendell Jarvis
05-29-2011, 12:09 PM
We all need prayer...........But the Bible makes it clear that....God has great plans for us, plans to prosperous us, not harm us ...so seek Ye the Kingdom of Heaven and all these things shall be added to you.........may God bless all of you that have responded to this thread......for God knows your Heart.