PDA

View Full Version : Megs DA Backing Plate

pfix
05-02-2011, 06:43 PM
I have an almost new LC backing plate Porter Cable 7424 Backing Plates- Dual Action Hook & Loop backing plate for your porter cable 7424, The best backing plates for the Porter Cable 7424 (http://www.autogeek.net/porter-cable-7424-7336-backing-plates.html) and I believe I have read that certain short loop Velcro backing plates are compatible with the MF pads. I am willing to spend the extra to get the Megs backing plate but if I don't have to spend the cash, I would rather put it toward something else.

Mike Phillips
05-02-2011, 06:49 PM
I believe I have read that certain short loop Velcro backing plates are compatible with the MF pads.

You are correct. Meguiar's recommends a very specific hook & loop for maximum backing plate performance.

Off hand I don't remember the specifics of all the different hook & loop styles for all the different backing plates we carry but I can find out...

:)

pfix
05-02-2011, 06:52 PM
You are correct. Meguiar's recommends a very specific hook & loop for maximum backing plate performance.

Off hand I don't remember the specifics of all the different hook & loop styles for all the different backing plates we carry but I can find out...

:)

Thanks Mike, I appreciate your efforts.

pfix
05-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Mike,
Any word on the backing plate compatibility?