PDA

View Full Version : Now What Do I Do

bulldog shine
05-02-2011, 03:51 PM
My wife informed this morniing she is fileing for legal seperation. I never seen this coming. I thought everything was fine. She is now staying in a friends house that is vacate for now. I have the kids for right now. Lord help me through this.

Elite Pro
05-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Sorry to hear that man....I honestly don't know what to say
Sounds like its all about her....stay strong for yourself and your children

5.4 Shelby
05-02-2011, 04:38 PM
Bummer. Sorry to hear about your trouble. Hopefully whatever happens works out for you and your kids.

bevans
05-02-2011, 04:44 PM
It's never good to hear that, especially when you think things are fine. Just try to be there for your kids cuz it's always the hardest on the children. Hope you guys will be fine.

bulldog shine
05-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Thanks for everything guys. I am just going to keeep my head up and plug away. I don't know what else to do.

Crazy Amos
05-02-2011, 06:45 PM
Focus all of your energy on your kids and let them know it isn't their fault. Do you think she will be willing to go to counseling? I know the thought of it stinks but maybe suggest it because it may help. If anything it will at least show her you actually care and are willing to do what's necessary to save your marriage.

Whenever I am down, I buff a car. I know that may sound hokie or a cheap suggestion since we arena detailing forum, but that is honestly what I do.

Mike Phillips
05-02-2011, 06:58 PM
Like others have said, right now you need to appear stable, normal and in control around your kids. Stay positive. Kids are smart and they are also resilient. Having Mom take off is going to cause confusion, so do everything you can to maintain normalcy for their benefit.

Don't involve them and for right now try to shelter them from any chaos or uncertainty.

If you have a church home, then seek guidance and counseling for yourself right now. Most established churches will have experienced staff members who are responsible just for these types of life incidents and getting sound, experienced counseling is going to help you a lot more than trying to tackle this as a team of one.

Stay positive...

:)

Flash Gordon
05-02-2011, 07:00 PM
Like others have said, right now you need to appear stable, normal and in control around your kids. Stay positive. Kids are smart and they are also resilient. Having Mom take off is going to cause confusion, so do everything you can to maintain normalcy for their benefit.

Don't involve them and for right now try to shelter them from any chaos or uncertainty.

If you have a church home, then seek guidance and counseling for yourself right now. Most established churches will have experienced staff members who are responsible just for these types of life incidents and getting sound, experienced counseling is going to help you a lot more than trying to tackle this as a team of one.

Stay positive...

:iagree:

Sorry to hear this bro

Crazy Amos
05-02-2011, 07:03 PM

Stay positive...

Very well said.

Porsche Pilot
05-02-2011, 07:40 PM
I am sorry to hear about your situation bulldog. I am fortunate to be married to the toughest divorce lawyer in the south. I hear the horror stories daily. Like the other guys have said, focus on the kids. No matter what, no matter the anger or hurt feelings, do not use the kids as a pawn or bargaining tool. Take the high road no matter how much it pains you inside.

I totally agree that reaching out to counseling is a great idea. At some point, maybe for the kids too. But, I am hoping that the separation is just temporary and things will work out for the best. Sometimes we all need a break from things and god knows marriage isnt easy sometimes.

Reach out to your friends, us included. We can offer an ear and a shoulder any time you need it. Chin up my man!

IID
05-02-2011, 08:02 PM
Sorry to hear that bulldog.
I been thru this situation.I can tell you it's NOT going to be easy but you have take care of yourself (Staying positive,counseling,be with friends ect..) so you can take care of the young one's.
I believe heavily in Carma and if it was not meant to be,there is someone out there for you-to be ;)

Stay strong my fellow AG forum member!!!

thedirtyshow
05-02-2011, 08:28 PM
Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight.

may God bless you, your wife and your children.