PDA

View Full Version : Collinite 845 over Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant???

Swimmer
05-02-2011, 02:09 PM
Originally planned to apply collinite 845 over WG Sealant, but after reading some forum discussions I'm not so sure. I just finished putting the sealant on my wife's car and have waited 12 hrs for it to cure. But now a day later, tired and sore from working on her car yesterday, and she wanting to drive it, I'm thinking just stick with the sealant.

Does adding collinite over the sealant provide any additional value? First off will it work over WG sealant?

Need some feedback ASAP, as my wife wants the car!

Swimmer
05-02-2011, 02:22 PM
Oh, by the way, the car looks great! Much better than I could ever have done by hand. Just looking at keeping such great looks for as long as I can.

embolism
05-02-2011, 03:26 PM
I would just leave it. Both have a warmish look to them and it's spring so you don't really need to make it bulletproof like if you were prepping for winter

WRAPT C5Z06
05-02-2011, 04:17 PM
Leave it. Don't bother topping one sealant with another. Some will top a sealant with a carnauba, but I don't believe in topping at all, unless it's the same product. JMO.

Belair
05-02-2011, 10:06 PM
Agreed. You're tired, sore, & she wants to drive it. Let her drive your hard work proudly, maybe she'll reward you somehow for a job well done.

Swimmer
05-03-2011, 06:13 AM
Advice taken. I'm done and the car looks great! Will post pictures later.

BobbyG
05-03-2011, 06:29 AM
It's really a personal preference. I like waxing over sealants however a sealant alone is sufficient. I did a Toyota Camry about a week ago and sealed it with DP Poli-Coat sealant and it looked great!! :props:

HeavyMetal
05-03-2011, 06:37 AM
It's a personal choice. I've tried just sealant (Menz PL), 845 tooper and Souveran topper. So far I like the Souveran over top the best. It's incredibly slick, wet and deep looking, and beads like crazy - you'll have water marbles on your car!

BobbyG
05-03-2011, 06:51 AM
It's a personal choice. I've tried just sealant (Menz PL), 845 tooper and Souveran topper. So far I like the Souveran over top the best. It's incredibly slick, wet and deep looking, and beads like crazy - you'll have water marbles on your car!

Hey Craig,

I've been agreeing when allot of your posts!! :laughing: :props: :props: Spot On!! :dblthumb2:

As everyone probably knows by now I'm a big fan of Collinite 845, especially it's price!

I topped Menzerna Power Lock Sealant the Pinnacle Souveran and was amazed at how deep and wet the finish looked after buffing it!! This was impressive to say the least!! This was the first time I tried this combination and I can tell you it won't be the last!! :props:

termigator
05-03-2011, 07:35 AM
I used to top all the time, but I've come to the realization that I can't really tell enough of a difference to make topping actually worthwhile. One big difference will be slickness. Wolfgang has one of the slickest finishes around. Not sure if you will like messing that up by topping.

HeavyMetal
05-03-2011, 08:23 AM
Hey Craig,

I've been agreeing when allot of your posts!! :laughing: :props: :props: Spot On!! :dblthumb2:

As everyone probably knows by now I'm a big fan of Collinite 845, especially it's price!

I topped Menzerna Power Lock Sealant the Pinnacle Souveran and was amazed at how deep and wet the finish looked after buffing it!! This was impressive to say the least!! This was the first time I tried this combination and I can tell you it won't be the last!! :props:

I'm thinking I'll like the 845 for winter. It's defnitiely tougher than Souv but Liquid Souv looks and feels just SICK on top of a good sealant. Even my wife notices the diff.:dblthumb2: Im the MAN

We do seem to agree a lot. But then I'm an engineer and you're an engineer. Non-engineers are obviously right - there's something terribly wrong with us :D.

BobbyG
05-03-2011, 08:39 AM
I'm thinking I'll like the 845 for winter. It's defnitiely tougher than Souv but Liquid Souv looks and feels just SICK on top of a good sealant. Even my wife notices the diff.:dblthumb2: Im the MAN

We do seem to agree a lot. But then I'm an engineer and you're an engineer. Non-engineers are obviously right - there's something terribly wrong with us :D.

HA...I agree again!! :laughing:

My wife too. After detailing her Camry she's actually shocked at just how rich the car looks..

Until I find something better Collinite 845 is my winter wax here in New England. Since the nasty crap is well behind us here I'm going to use some of these slicker waxes in my arsenal.

I tried Pinnacle Souveran and like I mentioned; WOW!!

I'd like to do a comparison with Fuzion and Souveran side by side. One problem that I see is my cars and truck are silver and mu Z06 is yellow so I'm uncertain just how much of a pop I'll see.

More to come!!

Swimmer
05-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Hey, I'm an engineer too. Guess that's why all the questions.

I'll certainly plan on doing the collinite top off in the Fall, but for now I think I'll be satisfied.:props: