PDA

View Full Version : PB Pro Polish by DA

Bunky
05-01-2011, 05:35 PM
What speeds and pads are people using with PB Pro Polish?

How much do you work it - until almost dry?

Flash Gordon
05-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Where does the Pro Polish rank inline with the SSR line? More aggresive?

Bunky
05-01-2011, 05:50 PM
It is not an abrasive polish but read it can cut based upon pad.

Flash Gordon
05-01-2011, 05:53 PM
It is not an abrasive polish but read it can cut based upon pad.

Sounds intresting. I will follow this thread :props:

Dr Oldz
05-01-2011, 06:01 PM
What speeds and pads are people using with PB Pro Polish?

How much do you work it - until almost dry?

It's very versatile. Pad, speed, pressure, size of work area are all factors and give different results. Using it as a paintwork cleanser: speed 3-4 light pressure and a grey pad and 3 section passes, Finish polish- a grey pad, speed 5-6 and 5-6 section passes with light pressure for the last few passes. I have used it with white and orange pads for oxidation removal altho the orange pads left some marring that was easly taken care of by a less aggressive pad. There are no abrasives in it but PP2 has them and makes a good combo. PP also works as a great metal polish!

Bunky
05-02-2011, 11:02 AM
It's very versatile. Pad, speed, pressure, size of work area are all factors and give different results. Using it as a paintwork cleanser: speed 3-4 light pressure and a grey pad and 3 section passes, Finish polish- a grey pad, speed 5-6 and 5-6 section passes with light pressure for the last few passes.

How much do you apply? I think it would dry out in 5 to 6 passes at high speed plus it does not really break down.

Dr Oldz
05-02-2011, 11:58 AM
How much do you apply? I think it would dry out in 5 to 6 passes at high speed plus it does not really break down.

I apply as I would any other standard polish. It does dry out if over worked but any polish does that. There are no abrasives to break down. To add: I wouldn't consider this a polish for correcting swirles with a da but it does work well as a finishing polish and to clean oxidation and stains off paintwork. It works really well on chrome and metals in conjunction with PP2. Hope this helps Bunky