PDA

View Full Version : New SHMITT

Pages : [1] 2

kansasdn
01-05-2007, 02:14 PM
Yesterday did my first wash with a SHMITT ad ONR--Worked great--no visible marring with 2 bucket method and MF wipe a section at a time--Big THANKS to Meghan for checking on my order-it arrived just when she said:righton:

Any special instructions for cleaning the Shmitt after use???--I just cleaned with Woolite and rinsed well with RO water

justin_murphy
01-05-2007, 02:19 PM
Yesterday did my first wash with a SHMITT ad ONR--Worked great--no visible marring with 2 bucket method and MF wipe a section at a time--Big THANKS to Meghan for checking on my order-it arrived just when she said:righton:

Any special instructions for cleaning the Shmitt after use???--I just cleaned with Woolite and rinsed well with RO water

I've used the ShMitt alot. I always have washed mine in the washer on warm with Woolite. Seems like it breaks it in better too. Once it is, you'll know what I'm talking about.

You will never want to use another washing tool

How did your arm feel after washing?

Better it bet!

FloridaNative
01-05-2007, 02:30 PM
+1 on the Shmitt. I love mine and have never gone back to my sheepskins since I've been using it. :)

ltoman
01-05-2007, 02:40 PM
+1 on the Shmitt. I love mine and have never gone back to my sheepskins since I've been using it. :)

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :cool: She is so right! I second that!!!
BTW, what is ONR?

Bigfoot
01-05-2007, 02:56 PM
I've used the ShMitt alot. I always have washed mine in the washer on warm with Woolite. Seems like it breaks it in better too. Once it is, you'll know what I'm talking about.

Better it bet!

You can use it even for the ONR? I've read that it's no-good...

Lauren: ONR=Optimum No Rinse;)

Joey:cheers:

FloridaNative
01-05-2007, 02:57 PM
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :cool: She is so right! I second that!!!
BTW, what is ONR?

lol ONR=Optimum's No Rinse. It's their waterless wash. :)

The Edge
01-05-2007, 03:21 PM
You can use it even for the ONR? I've read that it's no-good...

Lauren: ONR=Optimum No Rinse;)

We have tested and used it many times with those rinseless washes with no problems and so have many many other ShMiTT users. There was one post where a guy did not like it, and who knows the conditions he did it under. Also there was one other user that said they did not like the way it felt with the ShMiTT but had no problems with the results.

kansasdn
01-05-2007, 03:22 PM
Seemed to work well the ONR--careful rinsing with second bucket--will keep a close eye for suspect marking-followed with QD of diluted ONR and then AW--really slick--845 was used as original topper of KSG 4-5 weeks ago

Anybody have pro/con/strong feelings/experience with a California Duster type product (orOXO) prior to QD??--wondered if it would drag anything along the surface or leave a waxy residue--currently do a QD almost daily.

Bigfoot
01-05-2007, 03:23 PM
We have tested and used it many times with those rinseless washes with no problems and so have many many other ShMiTT users. There was one post where a guy did not like it, and who knows the conditions he did it under. Also there was one other user that said they did not like the way it felt with the ShMiTT but had no problems with the results.

Thanks for the clarification! Now I can finally loose my virginity with the Schmitt! :p

krouchchocolate
01-05-2007, 03:24 PM

Better it bet!

could you wash this with towels or is that a bad thing to do?

Bigfoot
01-05-2007, 03:30 PM

I wouldn't recommended, but I could be wrong...

MikeyC
01-05-2007, 06:18 PM

:iagree:

The ShMitt is great. I have yet to use my sheepskin mitts since I bought the ShMitt and I also use it during the winter with DP 4-in-1. Initially I thought the ShMitt would not work well with a rinseless wash, but experience has proven me wrong. In fact, I now have all 4 ShMitts and they're all great although I haven't been able to try my wheel ShMitt yet.

As for cleaning them . . . usually I just rinse the ShMitt out and put it on a my Grit Guard to dry. Occassionally, I toss it in the wash with my microfibers to make sure I don't get any lint on it.

Truls
01-05-2007, 06:25 PM
ShMitt is GREAT. ive got the fab 4 now. (w/y, Black, w/w and y/w)

Never leave home without it...................

I wash it in a Machinewasher with woolwash. works fine.

justin_murphy
01-05-2007, 07:09 PM

You can. I do it with all of my MF towels.

Never had a problem.

Surfer
01-05-2007, 07:44 PM
I used my Shmitt for the first time the other day, I don't ever see myself using any other mitt again. I was really suprised at how soft the white foam is (even though I have Edge pads already), and the yellow coarser foam is perfect for lower panels and removing bugs etc. But I was really suprised at how well it washed out, one of the cars was a tad filthy, white side turned almost black just a quick spray with the hose and then dunk in the bucket and it was white again, nothing seemed to stick/get stuck in it.

Love my Shmitt:cheers: