PDA

View Full Version : liquid souveran

Pages : [1] 2

DieselClown
01-05-2007, 10:05 AM
Hello my fellow detailing enthusiasts! the wifey bought me the PC + Pinnacle Sizzling Shine package for Christmas (thanks AG!!!) and I finally had a warm day (last saturday) to try it all out. I'd venture to say I'm a beginner/intermediate detailer and have been doing this as a hobby for myself and friends for the past 10 years. Having tried liquid souveran for the first time, it seemed much thinner than I'd expected. I shook the bottle like a madman (almost herniated another disk in the spine from the gyrating!) before opening it but it just poured out of the bottle onto my pads literally like water. Is this normal? I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow night as I'd have to find my old digital camera. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Steve

supercharged
01-05-2007, 10:43 AM
It should not be as thin as water, but is much thinner then any other liquid carnauba wax. Remember to shake it very well before using it.

Meghan
01-05-2007, 10:44 AM
Sounds like you need to shake it a bit.

dengood1
01-05-2007, 10:51 AM
Although it is slightly thinner than other liquid waxes, it's definitely thicker than water(kind of like eggnog);). Don't use the thick pads with the PC to apply either, use a small foam or microfiber pad to apply so you don't waste product by it absorbing into the pad. Good luck!

dengood1
01-05-2007, 10:55 AM
:confused:
I shook the bottle like a madman (almost herniated another disk in the spine from the gyrating!) before opening it but it just poured out of the bottle onto my pads literally like water. Steve

Meg, sounds like he shook it a tad;) Maybe he should hold it while dancing like this banana dudeIm the MAN:righton:

J/K Meg, you know you're loved:cheers:

DieselClown
01-05-2007, 11:09 AM
:lol: I actually did dance (nobody was looking and I had my radio blasted). http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/images/smilies/banana.gif
I'll try to take some pictures because it is deifnitely thinner than your typical off the shelf liquid wax, so maybe that's normal. I also DID indeed waste a considerable amount of this stuff when I applied it using the soft blue pad w/ the PC! Now I know! :) Anyhow, I was browsing the forum and noted that poorboy's stuff was very well-received. I just put 2 jars in my cart...should I also grab s100 or is poorboy's really better? I definitely want to repolish/wax my car again this weekend to let the good stuff cure! http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/images/smilies/woot2.gif

Gary Sword
01-05-2007, 11:19 AM
It diffinately should not be as thin as water but is quite thin. Shake it up good but don't hurt yourself. Put about a nickle size drop on you pad. Put it on thin. A little goes a long way. It's a great product.

dengood1
01-05-2007, 11:23 AM
:iagree:
It diffinately should not be as thin as water but is quite thin. Shake it up good but don't hurt yourself. Put about a nickle size drop on you pad. Put it on thin. A little goes a long way. It's a great product.

DieselClown
01-05-2007, 12:06 PM
can you guys help critique my little staged system? I know there are tons of products out there, but tell me what you think of the following steps?

after wash and dry:

1) Only if needed (Pinnacle advanced swirl mark remover)

2) Pinacle polish

3) Klasse HIGH GLoss sealant glaze (let cure overnight)

4) Liquid Souveran

5) 2 thin coats of Natty's paste wax

Do I have these in the correct order? Before discovering AG, I solely used meguier's products and always used NXT, but the pinnacle stuff is really amazing...even on my white car!

here's a picture of her!

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/files/954672_bde62/9X13LVMVYXE7N5I.JPG

ScottB
01-05-2007, 05:12 PM
get rid of the Nattys .. extra work and unneeded. Souveran liquid is better looking and just as easy to use.

bambo2888
01-05-2007, 06:14 PM
is liquid souveran as good as the paste? what is/are the difference/s?

Kelso
01-05-2007, 06:34 PM
yea liquid souvern is great on white and theres just no need for nattys on top of it, very nice suby ! love the SSR's
and unless you have used and like the klasse sealant, i probably wouldnt recommend it personally just because i hear a lot of complaints about it being a ##### to use. personally id get poorboys ex-p, wolfgang sealant, or dp sealant. i like the poorboys ex-p and liquid souveran on white, personally

ScottB
01-05-2007, 06:34 PM
is liquid souveran as good as the paste? what is/are the difference/s?

no the Pinnacle Souveran paste sets the standard for all that is carnauaba, the liquid is a kid brother. ;)

dengood1
01-05-2007, 06:38 PM
no the paste sets the standard for all that is carnauaba, the liquid is a kid brother. ;)
liquid souveran is easier to use IMO and should last longer than Natty's because of it's polymer technology. It's also supposed to "mimic" the look of a carnauba. This post actually prompted me to go out and put a coat of liquid souveran on my car and have to say I am impressed with the look it gives.

ScottB
01-05-2007, 07:24 PM
liquid souveran is easier to use IMO and should last longer than Natty's because of it's polymer technology. It's also supposed to "mimic" the look of a carnauba. This post actually prompted me to go out and put a coat of liquid souveran on my car and have to say I am impressed with the look it gives.

I thought he meant Pinnacle Souveran paste versus the liquid. I would use liquid Souveran over Nattys every day of the week. Easy to use, with stunning results.