PDA

View Full Version : Advice please

michael13
04-29-2011, 10:33 PM
My wife purchased a black 2011 Sonata SE 2.0T in March and the weather has finally started to become nice enough to work outside. Can someone please give me some advice on making this car look its best, with the condition that I do not have access to a garage and my equipment is limited to equipment on hand list below?

Equipment on hand:
Wash bucket, hose, RO/DI water, micro fiber cloths, waffle weave drying towel, CCS red pads, Cobra chenille wash Pad, Ultima Paint Prep Plus, Ultima Paint Guard Plus, Ultima Paint Guard Wash, 303 Aerospace, and Zaino Bros' z-9 leather cleaner, z-10 leather in a bottle conditioner and z-18 clay bar.

Car history:
This car is not garage kept and has been exposed to at least 3 snow storms along with about 30 days of rain. My wife has taken the car to the local no-brush car wash after the roads had cleared enough to where she was not wasting her time and had the wash and wax cycle done on 2-3 different occasions.

http://www.whalesale.com/car/2011sonata.jpg

jamores23
04-29-2011, 10:55 PM
your not going to get too far with what you have as far as paint correction goes. beware of the detailing bug I see it flying around you dont let it bite you. its blackhas two wings and its eyes look like this $$

poweraid
04-29-2011, 11:06 PM
lol good one . o yeah I got bit and it ate my wallet too

ROMEO
04-30-2011, 12:09 AM
Is too late for him... Luckily his been bitten...

michael13
04-30-2011, 12:21 AM
Yeah, I have been bitten by the detailing bug. Symptom #1 for me was the uncontrollable urge to dry the car after each wash (sometimes difficult due to ice) and after each rain storm (sometimes multiple time a day), followed by the urge to purchase some of the materials needed to make the car look its best and the desire to learn how to use them.

Ok, so what else would I need?

The paint looks similar to how it did when the car was new.
No swirl marks, no rain spots. There is some embedded contaminants that I can feel but not see. I was hoping that a clay treatment would take care of that.

Any other suggestions on caring for a newer car? Like how to handle the issue of applying a sealant without having access to a garage?

michael13
04-30-2011, 12:58 AM
Just noticed that I did not list Pinnacle Liquid Souveran Car Wax in the list of Equipment on hand.