PDA

View Full Version : Leatherique Pristine Clean Only New Car

gatoman39
04-29-2011, 10:24 PM
I have a brand new BMW. I feel like I really don't need the rejuvinator oil as the seats are brand new. Have you guys just used the Pristine Clean only as a clean and condition item and skipped the rejuvunator oil?
I have been using Lexol with good results, but since the leather is so easy to clean in a new car, I'm hoping to keep this process to a 1 step and focus more time on the exterior.
:buffing:

Matt
04-29-2011, 11:31 PM
You could use just the Pristine clean.

Pristine clean seems to have a light conditioning action in itself as well.

I use it every now and then if any of the leather seems slightly dirty, or it has had someone sweaty sweating in it for a long trip haha.

I generally only use the RO (rejuvinator oil) twice, sometimes three times a year, otherwise the PC (pristine clean) cuts it. My biggest love of the product is the look it gives the leather, it helps to maintain that factory new look rather than give it any gloss. I hate shiny leather, hate it with a passion.

gatoman39
04-29-2011, 11:56 PM
I have black leather. Anything shiny makes it even worse. I like the results from Lexol, but I'm not keen on cleaning the leather, then conditioning it as well. (Especially cause I have 3 cars that get driven daily). I'd rather just wipe it down with one and be done with it. I've been hearing good things about Leatherique, and although it's quite expensive. I'm willing to give it a try. People seem to comment that once they've tried it they never go back.

Matt
04-30-2011, 02:37 AM
In that case it should suit you, especially for a new car. A quick question before we proceed, your new BMW isn't a high end model is it? Most likely you have coated leather, but in case it's an Alpina B7 7 series or something like that it might be uncoated.

If you want to try it, you can purchase the 16oz bottle of PC on it's own for $19.

Leatherique Pristine Clean- 16oz (http://www.autogeek.net/leprcl.html)

gatoman39
04-30-2011, 09:33 AM
It's the new 5 series. I have the standard leather. You can also get the Nappa leather which is super soft, but the car was already expensive to begin with so I didn't elect for that option.

pushtiulk
04-30-2011, 12:59 PM
You can use Prestine Clean every time you want to clean your leather (wipe it). It's a very good product and the finish is mat.

Matt
04-30-2011, 11:13 PM
Yeap if it's standard leather leatherique will be awesome.

gatoman39
04-30-2011, 11:36 PM
Yeap if it's standard leather leatherique will be awesome.
Any special application? I was thinking about putting it in a 16oz spray bottle, wipe on wipe off with a MF towel, unless there's something special?

Matt
05-01-2011, 03:23 AM
That's how I do it. Well, I actually put a sprayer on the bottle itself, although I have the 32oz bottle so transferring to another bottle may be your only option.

I spray on, agitate with a microfiber applicator if needed and wipe off with a damp microfiber (rinsing in a bucket of warm water when the cloth gets dirty), finishing by drying with another short nap microfiber.

Sometimes I vary this depending on how dirty the leather is or if I've used the RO beorehand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so please excuse any grammatical errors

pushtiulk
05-01-2011, 04:27 AM
The process explained by Matt is very good. Spray the PC on leather, let it 2 - 3 minutes then you can wipe it off.

kingofsorrow
05-01-2011, 10:15 AM
Guys I have set of leather seats I picked up from the junk yard. They're in great condition but of course they're dirty. Not filthy, mostly just dust. I'm gonna get this product since you guys seem to think very highly of it.
All I do spray the RO on the seats and let it sit for approximately how long before using the PC?
Thanks guys.

gatoman39
05-01-2011, 11:32 AM
This is a good article you should check out:
How to Use Prestine Clean (http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/leatherique-prestine-clean-product-review/comment-page-1/#comment-7931)

kingofsorrow
05-01-2011, 11:38 AM
thanks gatoman.

p.s. that is a hilarious user name

gatoman39
05-01-2011, 11:50 AM
thanks gatoman.

p.s. that is a hilarious user name
This article shows both steps for RO and PC.
Leatherique Leather Care How-To (http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/leatherique-leather-care-how-to/)