PDA

View Full Version : New??? Or Rehashed???

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

BILL
01-05-2007, 08:33 AM
Two coats of Wet Diamond, Ivory Carnauba Paste Wax over a
foundation of Wet Diamond, All Finish Paint Protection.
WET-ICE over FIRE shine!

Wet-Ice over Fire is created by packing a pure Brazilian Carnauba Wax with the latest generation of German, acrylic, super-polymers and layering it over a laser-sharp, acrylic polymer base coat. It's a 21st century version of putting a carnauba wax over Klasse All-In-One but it goes much, much further.

Wet diamond??

supercharged
01-05-2007, 10:47 AM
It's hard to say. After all CMA owned Pinnacle before. I think it's formula is very-very similar to Souveran, maybe with a different type of polymers, maybe different oils.
I think there is only one way to find out - that is to try it.

Meghan
01-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Well the way I see it is it's a Carnauba that looks like a Carnauba and last long if applied over a sealant. Not much different than apply Wolfgang which is a sealant made to mimic a Carnauba. A Carnauba is a Carnauba, not made for durability made to make our cars shine like crazy. If you want durability and shine Wolfgang is a great way to go as all of you already know. As for a Carnauba, well there is already a great Carnauba out there, just look at our poll. Im the MAN

Surfer
01-05-2007, 04:09 PM
There are some reviews I think on Autopia, sounds like it's meant to go against Souveran. Though every time I see that wording "wet ice over hot fire" or whatever it is, makes me chuckle lol. I looked at the process in their site, almost like the Zanio version of applying wax lol, so many steps lol.

I will say a friend picked up some CG5050 and I'm deffinitley ordering some, what a wax. Had the crisp wetness of Nattys Blue, the glow of Souveran, but was also very reflective looking with sharp contrast like the top Zymol stuff.

abrcrombe
01-05-2007, 04:14 PM
Surfer, did Scooter give you some 50/50 to try a while back? I have to admit it was pretty good, so I bought some to add to my collection.

Surfer
01-05-2007, 04:18 PM
Surfer, did Scooter give you some 50/50 to try a while back? I have to admit it was pretty good, so I bought some to add to my collection.Is that what that was? Yeh, he sent me some in a plastic baggy in the summer but I never got a chance to use it between the weather and time constraints. I meant to melt it down into alittle container to use. My buddy has a bunch of waxes from Souveran, to NB, to Blitz, to FK1 etc, said after he used CG5050 that's his go to stuff now, and looking at the reviews he isn't kidding. Scooter didn't tell me what it was, said it was a suprise lol.

Where is Scooter?

oh yeh, I had the baggy in my room, had this chick over, and what does she notice..the baggy. Picked it up and gave me a funny look, thought it was coke or something LMAO, I had to explain it was a car wax I forgot about.

abrcrombe
01-05-2007, 04:34 PM
Yeah, he wanted it to be a surprise at first.. then he told me once I used it. He said you could have got it for like 24 bucks back then (big mistake I didn't stock up).
He is probably too busy being married to come around here anymore... sucks he was a cool guy!!
LOL, kind of funny to have wax in your room, what did she think about that?

Surfer
01-05-2007, 04:42 PM
LOL, kind of funny to have wax in your room, what did she think about that?Not much, just seriously thought it was coke or something at first (the bag was kinda hazy and did look like powder substance lol).

Yeh, I miss my professor, mesa lerns lots engrish :(

ScottB
01-05-2007, 05:05 PM
considering the CMA product has not been released, I suspect it hards for anyone to really discuss it. The factor that its more expensive than Souveran and smaller container, makes me thing Souveran is still the special way to go.

Surfer
01-05-2007, 05:16 PM
considering the CMA product has not been released, I suspect it hards for anyone to really discuss it. The factor that its more expensive than Souveran and smaller container, makes me thing Souveran is still the special way to go.Could it possibly be basically Souverans' formula w/ little additons like the polymers etc (not saying it is), wondering what type of action AG would have against it if that happened? Though I think there were a few people who used it, maybe testers, somebody had posted pics. Looks like they want it to go head to head with Souveran.

I'm sure its a good wax but looking at that whole process they have on their site, maybe it was just the way I read it but they made it look like regular sealant and wax application was a multi step process like Zanio LOL. IMO, if you have NB, Souveran, CG 5050, no need for anything else :D

ScottB
01-05-2007, 05:44 PM
you wanna get the treadmill going, Zaino has a new sealant coming in which you wipe it on and supposedly it disappears within 15 minutes with no rewiping. Guess they will toss the old "optically pure" mumbo-jumbo out the door. And of course, using it alone means likely less Z2/Z3/Z5 users.

Polycharger comes out next month from the competition also. Can be added to any poly or acrylic based sealant and extend durability and slickness for months. Rumor is a carnauba version might be forthcoming, we will see.

As for CMA, who knows what the future holds going up against the king of the mountain in ivory based carnauabas. Maybe in the coming months something else will come out from another vendor/manufacturer. It is nice time to be detailers though, so many choices.

BILL
01-05-2007, 05:48 PM
I will say a friend picked up some CG5050 and I'm deffinitley ordering some, what a wax. Had the crisp wetness of Nattys Blue, the glow of Souveran, but was also very reflective looking with sharp contrast like the top Zymol stuff.[/quote]

I have some C.G.50/50. great wax...............let it flash a minute or two before removing.....:cheers:

MikeyC
01-05-2007, 06:14 PM
Maybe in the coming months something else will come out from another vendor/manufacturer. It is nice time to be detailers though, so many choices.

A nice time to be a detailer . . . a bad bad bad time to be my wallet. :D

supercharged
01-05-2007, 06:53 PM
A nice time to be a detailer . . . a bad bad bad time to be my wallet. :D

:iagree: :D

3Dog
01-05-2007, 08:11 PM
The product just started shipping this week....kinda hard to put down a product no one has used yet.
I would suspect that it has ties to Menz....was told last year they have a wax never released in the states..but who knows for sure.
We had a jar delivered to the shop today. I will check it out next week.