PDA

View Full Version : Question about Collinite #845

MirandaAutoSpa
04-29-2011, 05:58 PM
Hi Guys and Gals
I bought some Collinite 845 today, pretty excited about useing since I have read some great reviews here about it. I do realize that it takes some getting use to. After some research I have found that it if pretty finicky with temps. The liquid is very...well liquidy. I have read that it thickens when colder and then you have to warm it up to use it.
So I plan on waxing a boat this Monday and plan on using this. I want to apply it with my PCXP and a 5in Red foam pad to really spread it nice and thin.
It should be hot that day, so how should I apply the wax to the pad, being it is pretty watery?
Small Spray bottle?
Squirt bottle?
Any tips would be appreciated.
Thanks

James K
04-29-2011, 06:01 PM
I am not an expert on it as I have only used it once. However I simply poured it from.the bottle on to the pad.

kb2ehj
04-29-2011, 06:16 PM
Yup that's what I do also. Works fine for me.

BobbyG
04-29-2011, 06:28 PM
I am not an expert on it as I have only used it once. However I simply poured it from.the bottle on to the pad.

James pretty much nails this one! :props:

Collinite 845 "is" very easy to use and the part about being finicky about the temperature is if you want to keep it a creamy consistency.

If it's watery thin and your not comfortable using it this way just pop the bottle in cold water and thicken it up a little.

If it's creamy, I squeeze 4 dime spots about 1/2" in from the edge of a 5 1/2" diameter pad, place the pad on the finish, and switch the machine on....speed 3 is fine.

Thin is in with this wax and you'll be surprised how such a small amount goes a long way. Let it haze which takes about 20 minutes or so but that can vary with temp and humidity.

Buff with a clean Microfiber towel and prepare to be amazed! :props:

MirandaAutoSpa
04-29-2011, 07:29 PM
Awesome.....thank you guys. I don't really mind it being watery I can work with that. Can't wait to use it.

James K
04-29-2011, 07:46 PM
I like it so far. It has held up through 3 thunderstorms and a tornado.

poweraid
04-29-2011, 08:09 PM
I use a squeeze bottle to apply to pad . I just first used this for myself . easy on easy off. I love this stuff . my new favorite wax for my truck and great protection and durability . a little goes a long way . shake it up well. warm it up a little if u like it liquidy or cool it to make it more thicker . I like it a little thicker so I chill it in the fridge a little before I use it .

AlexC
04-29-2011, 09:34 PM
Yep just make sure it's shooken up nicely. I like to press the mouth of the bottle flat against the pad, and then tilt it very briefly. It gets a perfect nickel sized dollop on there and I usually do this 2-3 times evenly around the pad before starting a section. A little goes a long way and its a very easy wax to work with. You'll love this stuff!