PDA

View Full Version : Megs microfiber DA system question

VIP Reflections
04-29-2011, 02:18 PM
Was wondering if someone can explain the benefit(if any)of buying the 5'' kit over the 6'' kit. i will be using the system with the Griots DA polisher(newer model). i also plan on buying the 3'' disks as well for tighter areas, but im kinda torn between the 5'' or the 6'' kit.

Thanks

embolism
04-29-2011, 03:07 PM
don't think anyone has posted on this yet.

Most have probably just gone with 5" since it works better for foam but with the MF cutting discs being so thin, less the power transfer deficiencies inherent to foam, especially on a GG, maybe 6" cutting discs would work equally well...

interested to find out if anyone has tried them vs the 5"

VIP Reflections
04-29-2011, 03:38 PM
thanks for the reply.. your logic makes perfect sense. i figured with the 7Amp motor on the griots, it might not make a difference with 6'' v.s 5''. i never factored in the thickness of the disks though, so ya makes sense. i placed an order for the 6'' kit... thanks a million!

if the 5'' disks were not on back order, i would get both to do a comparison. maybe soon

RaskyR1
04-29-2011, 03:41 PM
The 5" are also more versatile on most cars, especially ones with lots of curved panels. I use the 6" for larger SUV's and trucks.

99fan
04-29-2011, 03:44 PM
I just ordered the 6" kit....they are out of the 5" discs....they don't know when they'll be back in stock....maybe this will help your decision

embolism
04-29-2011, 04:17 PM
wish I'd taken my own advice. Didn't realize the 6 inch cutting were still in stock when I made my order

:awman: