Pages : [1] 2

DS Detailer
04-22-2006, 10:19 PM
Are going on the charger soon.

Who is as excited as I am?

Cold air intake in 4 months.

Surfer
04-23-2006, 12:53 AM
Might want to check out CGS. I took off my Flowmaster 40's on one of my trucks. Had a true dual system on my 03' V8 Mountaineer. Headers, two 40 series mufflers, custom x-pipe etc. Didn't care for the sound of the 40's. Bought two CGS mufflers, and wow, even had a guy back at college get rid of his expensive Corsa exhaust on his Escalade for a CGS setup after he heard my truck. Just a deep, very throaty sound, no resonnance etc.

I never did care for the 40's, but had them laying around. I think they sound better on a setup like say a mucsle car with a built engine and nice loping cam. Wasn't really that they sounded bad, just the fact that it seems damn near every pickup/suv has them, and for whatever reason they seem to have a rasp on the Ford 4.6 V8.

But good luck. Even have CGS on our Lexus LX470 lol. Sold the 03' but still have my 00', gotta order a dual in/out muffler from them, getting bored of not hearing the sweet sounds of a V8 :D

mingraygt
04-23-2006, 12:51 PM
Who makes the CGS system??
Thanks Ryan

Surfer
04-23-2006, 01:04 PM
Who makes the CGS system??
Thanks Ryan www.CGSmotorsports.com (http://www.CGSmotorsports.com) , not a full exhaust, you'd have to get custom piping at a shop etc. But I've heard the Hemi engine and the Endurance 5.6 in the Titan with custom CGS systems, sound was incredible. I've tried getting sound clips on cam before on another forum but it wouldn't come out right. It's not like the obnoxious loud sound you hear from so many trucks running around, just an awesome, deep growl.

Flows just seem played out to me (still cheap and readily available though), Magnaflow sounds awsome on the Hemi motors as well. Got to check out a 300C SRT-8 with a Magnaflow exhaust, jeez, what a sound from that car :cool:

ScottB
04-23-2006, 01:09 PM
no offense to your choice, but please reconsider. Having had more than 10 exhaust systems (Flowmaster, Dynomax, Borla, Corsa, B&B) replaced on several cars, I will never use Flowmaster again. There drone at 1400-2000rpms is ridiculous. I have truly only found one system to date that offers no resonance or drone, and thats Corsa (www.corsaperf.com). You might want to check them out as they have some tasty sound clips for your car.

SVTContour
04-23-2006, 02:13 PM
Don't get flowmasters!!! They are way overhyped and there are better exhausts on the market. In my opinion, Flowmasters are for guys with mullets...if you catch my drift

mingraygt
04-23-2006, 03:49 PM
Don't get flowmasters!!! They are way overhyped and there are better exhausts on the market. In my opinion, Flowmasters are for guys with mullets...if you catch my drift Hey! I have some flowmaster knock-off's and I dont have a mullet!:confused:

Neothin
04-23-2006, 08:42 PM
I have HKS......

(please dont hurt the guy with the 4 cylinder :( )

DS Detailer
04-23-2006, 08:58 PM
Ok ok... heres my options now.

JBA (costs less, and i've heard good reviews
Borla (Pricey but Mopar endorsed)
Magnaflow (haven't heard good or bad.)

Help me out.

mingraygt
04-23-2006, 09:05 PM
I say get whatever you want! Not what someone else wants you to get.
Ryan

DS Detailer
04-23-2006, 09:10 PM
well, I've heard more then a few bad things about Flowmasters now.

onetorquedhorse
04-23-2006, 10:28 PM
I'm partial to the Borla/ Ford Racing set up I have on my mustang.
http://www.2005stang.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10291/FRPP.WMV :D

Surfer
04-24-2006, 08:58 AM
Ok ok... heres my options now.

JBA (costs less, and i've heard good reviews
Borla (Pricey but Mopar endorsed)
Magnaflow (haven't heard good or bad.)

Help me out.Out of those, Magnaflow. Buddy had a custom setup on his Hemi Ram before he got a Cummins. Also heard 300C SRT-8 with a custom Magnaflow setup, sounded very badass :cool:

Keep CGS in mind, I loved the sound on my 03' Mountaineer, need to have another system made for my 00' to hear that ripping V8 lol. CGS sounded awsome on a Hemi Ram.

ScottB
04-24-2006, 10:22 AM
I say get whatever you want! Not what someone else wants you to get.
Ryan

BEST ADVICE.

Go hear some friends cars, and check them out in person. Get to a car show and they will be more than happy to rev up, and some will even take you for a ride.

My vote is still for Corsa, based upon two vettes and past warranty need. Jim Browning went more than an extra mile for me, and my friend with the SRT8 loves the sound of my toy. (Halltech Intake, Corsa Xpipe, Corsa Sports)

mingraygt
04-24-2006, 08:15 PM
The Corsa's sound sweet! But for the price thats alot of jack.