PDA

View Full Version : Quick & Easy Bug Removal w/Diamondite Bug Eraser

Pages : 1 [2]

Meghan
05-10-2011, 07:38 PM
ok Nick I have seen a couple nasty bugged out vehicles you have done just this week, we need to see those photos!!!

Matt S.
05-10-2011, 07:41 PM
Man, this stuff has been my best friend these last few days. You know things are going to get messy when you have a 30 mile trip and within the first mile you get 5 love bugs splattered on your windshield :eek:

My truck was too covered yesterday to just use this by itself so I used it in conjunction with DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss and it worked out quite well. Pre-soaked with Bug Eraser, and then used RW&G like normal and it made quick work of those bugs!

Shane731
05-10-2011, 08:06 PM
I bought both products (Bug Eraser & Gloss Surface Protectant) and they arrived earlier today. I have a brand new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee that had about a week's worth of bugs on the front. I followed the instructions (sprayed it on and left for 30 seconds) and then agitated - and barely anything happened. I sprayed some more and waited about a minute and then agitated again - just a little more came off.

Well, 45 minutes later and having lost about three pounds in sweat - the bugs are off. That's not to mention that I had to whip out the Klasse All-in-One to get all the bug residue off. I feel dumb saying this, but I went ahead and applied the "Gloss Surface Protectant" after the front end had been cleaned. I guess I am just hoping that at least the protectant won't be junk - but after using that "baby shampoo with water" I seriously doubt it.

Anyhow, the good news is that I lost three pounds. Unfortunately, I also lost $42.38.

What did you agitate with? A microfiber applicator per the directions, or something else? Also, did you have any protection on the vehicle? Because having a wax or sealant present will make a big difference when it comes to bug removal, especially if the bug guts have been baking on there for a week.

Nick McKees37
05-11-2011, 06:06 AM
I bought both products (Bug Eraser & Gloss Surface Protectant) and they arrived earlier today. I have a brand new 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee that had about a week's worth of bugs on the front. I followed the instructions (sprayed it on and left for 30 seconds) and then agitated - and barely anything happened. I sprayed some more and waited about a minute and then agitated again - just a little more came off.

Well, 45 minutes later and having lost about three pounds in sweat - the bugs are off. That's not to mention that I had to whip out the Klasse All-in-One to get all the bug residue off. I feel dumb saying this, but I went ahead and applied the "Gloss Surface Protectant" after the front end had been cleaned. I guess I am just hoping that at least the protectant won't be junk - but after using that "baby shampoo with water" I seriously doubt it.

Anyhow, the good news is that I lost three pounds. Unfortunately, I also lost $42.38.

When the bugs sit on the paint for a week, or longer, they are not going to be easy to remove, no matter what you use, especially if there is no wax/sealant present. You could have sprayed the front of the car with adhesive remover, and would still have had to scrub. That's why it's so important to get the bugs off your vehicle immediately, before they really get caked on there and seem impossible to remove, not to mention the fact that they will cause damage to the clear coat if left on there too long. :xyxthumbs:

What did you agitate with? A microfiber applicator per the directions, or something else? Also, did you have any protection on the vehicle? Because having a wax or sealant present will make a big difference when it comes to bug removal, especially if the bug guts have been baking on there for a week.

That's correct, which is why we recommend following each application of the Bug Eraser with the Crystal Gloss Surface Protectant. This will give the paint added protection and slickness to not only make future bug cleaning much easier, but to also help prolong the possibility of the bugs causing damage to the clear coat if left on there too long.

ok Nick I have seen a couple nasty bugged out vehicles you have done just this week, we need to see those photos!!!

:Picture:

RTexasF
05-11-2011, 08:31 AM

Your expectations were not realistic. Did you really expect a weeks worth of dried & baked on bugs to just wipe off with ANY spray on product? Unrealistic expectations yields unrealistic results.

Tico
05-11-2011, 09:50 AM
When the bugs sit on the paint for a week, or longer, they are not going to be easy to remove, no matter what you use, especially if there is no wax/sealant present. You could have sprayed the front of the car with adhesive remover, and would still have had to scrub. That's why it's so important to get the bugs off your vehicle immediately, before they really get caked on there and seem impossible to remove, not to mention the fact that they will cause damage to the clear coat if left on there too long. :xyxthumbs::Picture:

I admit the car did not have any prior wax/sealant. I've only had the car for three weeks and haven't had a chance to wax it - but it does get washed once per week. It might have also been easier if I had washed the car first - but I simply went to the garage and applied the product.

Anyhow, I will wax as soon as possible and try using the bug remover a couple of times a week during this dreaded love bug season.

Thanks.

IID
05-11-2011, 10:17 AM
I admit the car did not have any prior wax/sealant. I've only had the car for three weeks and haven't had a chance to wax it - but it does get washed once per week. It might have also been easier if I had washed the car first - but I simply went to the garage and applied the product.

Anyhow, I will wax as soon as possible and try using the bug remover a couple of times a week during this dreaded love bug season.

Thanks.
Keeps us informed on how it works out,I'm definetly interested ;)

willtothewong
05-11-2011, 12:41 PM
looks good!

i definitely have to add that to my collection. sometimes ONR just doesn't have enough 'bite' when it comes to stubborn, dead bugs

Nick McKees37
05-17-2011, 08:23 AM
After 5 days of bugs splattering all over the front end and windshield on my car, I came to work a couple minutes early today to clean it up.

After removing the bugs with the Diamondite Bug Eraser and Safe Scrub Bug Sponge, I quickly went over the areas treated with DP Waterless Wash in a Kwazar Spray Bottle. I did this to remove any loose debris and to also ensure a clean surface prior to applying the Optimum Car Wax.

I thoroughly sprayed the front of the car with the Bug Eraser and let it sit for about a minute before scrubbing with the Bug Sponge.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1130/IMG_20731.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1130/IMG_20721.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1130/IMG_20751.JPG

If there is one thing that I cannot stand, it's dirty windows in my car. While the Bug Eraser was doing its thing on the front of my car, I went ahead and cleaned the glass with Diamondite Perfect Vision Glass Cleaner. This is my go to glass cleaner because it contains no ammonia, is safe on tinted windows, and has strong cleaning ability to cut through some of the toughest films with just one pass, all while leaving a streak free finish.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1130/IMG_20741.JPG

About 10 minutes later, the car is clean and protected.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1130/IMG_20771.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1130/IMG_20801.JPG

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1130/IMG_20792.JPG

Now that's perfect vision. :props:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/1130/IMG_20781.JPG

tw33k2514
05-17-2011, 10:40 AM
I am sold. I dont have huge problems like you guys in Florida, but I still see a lot of bugs in the summer. Think Il get the combo, and the protectant.

Nick McKees37
05-17-2011, 09:13 PM
I am sold. I dont have huge problems like you guys in Florida, but I still see a lot of bugs in the summer. Think Il get the combo, and the protectant.

If your neighbors are anything like my co-workers, they'll be asking you to do their car next! :nomore:

...just kidding, they know I don't mind. :autowash: