PDA

View Full Version : Collinite 845 over Optimum Hyper Polish?

Yellow06GT
04-29-2011, 08:59 AM
I am wondering how Collinite 845 on top of Optimum Hyper Polish Spray would look?

I have been hanging around the forum for a while and I have learned a ton from all of you. I always thought I kept a pretty clean car but now I am finally going to bite the bullet and buy a DA.

05xrunner
04-29-2011, 09:25 AM
well Hyper polish is not any kind of protection..after you use Hyper polish your paint should be totally bare and clean. It wont have any effect on 845 on how it looks..it will look good and last long like 845 normally does.

BobbyG
04-29-2011, 09:32 AM
I am wondering how Collinite 845 on top of Optimum Hyper Polish Spray would look?

I have been hanging around the forum for a while and I have learned a ton from all of you. I always thought I kept a pretty clean car but now I am finally going to bite the bullet and buy a DA.

Basic Steps in order

Wash
Clay
Compound
Polish
Sealant
Wax

This polish offers no protection as it's intended to be a finish correction product.

Optimum Hyper Polish Spray is a fantastic finishing polish. This product is great and removes sanding scratches without hazing and finishes beautifully. Use it on scratches, swirls, and oxidation to restore a smooth, glossy finish.

Polishing is "generally" the last step before a sealant or wax..

Collinite 845 will give the finish a wet look and provide several months of protection..

But yourself a dual action polisher and never look back....:props:

trencher7
04-29-2011, 09:41 AM
Basic Steps in order

Wash
Clay
Compound
Polish
Sealant
Wax

This polish offers no protection as it's intended to be a finish correction product.

Optimum Hyper Polish Spray is a fantastic finishing polish. This product is great and removes sanding scratches without hazing and finishes beautifully. Use it on scratches, swirls, and oxidation to restore a smooth, glossy finish.

Polishing is "generally" the last step before a sealant or wax..

Collinite 845 will give the finish a wet look and provide several months of protection..

But yourself a dual action polisher and never look back....:props:

Is another wash after clay needed? Or only if you plan on polishing right after instead of compounding?

BobbyG
04-29-2011, 09:47 AM
Is another wash after clay needed? Or only if you plan on polishing right after instead of compounding?

This question comes up occasionally but honestly, I never have.

I like to wipe down the panel with a regular towel just to see how the finish cleaned up but that's about as far as I go.

Yellow06GT
04-29-2011, 09:48 AM
Thanks for the help. I have heard great raves about the 845 and I was just wondering if I needed to do anything else as far as protection to the paint?

I'm definitely buying a DA in the next 5 hours before the sale ends. :)

I am leaning toward the Griot's Garage 6". I don't really have the budget for the Flex.

BobbyG
04-29-2011, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the help. I have heard great raves about the 845 and I was just wondering if I needed to do anything else as far as protection to the paint?

When ever I apply a protective coating after paint correction I like to apply a sealant then a wax.

Two examples would be:

Sealant: Menzerna Power Lock
Wax: Collinite 845

This combination still had water beading after 5 long months of a cold and snowy New England winter...

brawl
04-29-2011, 10:14 AM
BobbyG is the best advocate of 845. He is so good in promoting 845 that I stock three bottles. =P

Yellow06GT
04-29-2011, 10:17 AM
Thanks

Should I get the Groits Garage DA with the Dual Action Deluxe CCS Foam Pad Kit or stick with the 6" backing plate and go with 6.5" pads?

heynicebits
04-29-2011, 02:02 PM
Go with the CCS foam pad kit and also look into megs MF system as a good alternative :D

Yellow06GT
05-02-2011, 08:49 AM
I just wanted to thank all of you for your help.

I ended up going with the GG6 DA, the 5" backing plate, the 5.5" LC pads, Optimum Hyper Polish, Collinite 845, Menzerna Power Lock & a few more odds and ends.

I was going to get the Megs MF system but it was a little out of my budget, for now.

I think I will be happy for a while. :)