PDA

View Full Version : Debadging

rweekley
04-28-2011, 06:24 PM
Hopefully if the weather is nice this weekend, I can start debadging my 07 Dodge Ram, but I'm looking for some pointers.

From what I have read, you first want to heat the emblem, with hair dryer on high or heat gun on low, I will be using a hair dryer.

Once the emblem becomes loose, you want to pull it off, or use dental floss or fishing line to cut through the adhesive.

Than use the adhesive remover to get rid of the left over residue.

Now at this point, I have read different thinks and would like some input.
Is 3M Adhesive Remover the best to use? I have also read where some use Goo Be Gone, but have read where some do not like this and say it can be harmful to the paint. I have also read where people have used mineral spirits.

Also I have seen where somepeople use that rubber eraser you attach to your drill

Which would be the best/safest adhesive remover to use?

And any other helpful advice would be appreciated:xyxthumbs:

James K
04-28-2011, 06:26 PM
I use adhesive remover. Don't this on every car I have ever owned. I hate emblems. Lol.

poweraid
04-28-2011, 06:34 PM
on my ford truck for the rear tailgate badge-emblem it was actually on with double sided tape also the emblem had 2 knobs on it which then I had 2 holes in the tailgate. why idk the ds tape is plenty strong enough so I ended up having to put the emblem back on

jamores23
04-28-2011, 07:12 PM
i just used the 3m adhesive remover. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqRULvoYA9M]YouTube - sticker removal envoy[/video]