jamores23
04-28-2011, 10:52 AM
which one is the cutting disc, the red thin pad or black thicker pad

Slate G8 GT
04-28-2011, 11:00 AM
The red thin one is the cutting disc.

jamores23
04-28-2011, 05:53 PM
will the cutting disc with m105 remove 2000 grit sand marks?

James K
04-28-2011, 06:21 PM
It should.

Oh just a tip, they color matched the pads to the compounds! :)

jamores23
04-28-2011, 07:10 PM
So I was using the MF to remove 2000 grit sand mark using m105 at speed 4.5 and the results where awesome. I gotta say I love this Mf system BUT........ As I have seen on here some people have had the same problem as I just encountered. the pad ripped off the velcro part that goes to the BP.... What the hell I had to do a matrix stunt to dodge it lol. It seems there's some issues with the pads/backing velcro... i didnt even get to finish half the car with it... I will post some pics in a few!

jamores23
04-28-2011, 07:37 PM
http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd477/jamores23/IMG_0648.jpg

maximus20895
04-28-2011, 07:45 PM
That doesn't look good. They said something about working the vecro into the pad or something so it wouldn't do that..

jamores23
04-28-2011, 07:51 PM
yeah but even the foam came off lol. i was doing the driver side door. they do work VERY good it was my first time using them but they cant work too good if you cant use it lol. Im going to keep it and use it as a hand pad to polish what i cant get by machine :) Maybe AG will give me some kind of discount or maybe even a free pad :)

C. Charles Hahn
04-28-2011, 08:42 PM
yeah but even the foam came off lol. i was doing the driver side door. they do work VERY good it was my first time using them but they cant work too good if you cant use it lol. Im going to keep it and use it as a hand pad to polish what i cant get by machine :) Maybe AG will give me some kind of discount or maybe even a free pad :)

Call Meguiar's customer service and they will take care of you.

You may need to adjust your technique, or if you were using a backing plate other than the Meguiar's, that too could be an issue.

jamores23
04-28-2011, 09:35 PM
i purchased the meg mf kit and it came with the bp which is the one i was using. anyone know where i can get more mf pads ag is backordered on them

goone
04-28-2011, 10:02 PM
Same happen to me the pad just flew off my GG, only used it 2 times.

dougaross
04-28-2011, 10:11 PM
So I was using the MF to remove 2000 grit sand mark using m105 at speed 4.5 and the results where awesome. I gotta say I love this Mf system BUT........ As I have seen on here some people have had the same problem as I just encountered. the pad ripped off the velcro part that goes to the BP.... What the hell I had to do a matrix stunt to dodge it lol. It seems there's some issues with the pads/backing velcro... i didnt even get to finish half the car with it... I will post some pics in a few!

IMO. Maybe speed to high with 105. 105 has more cut than MF compound, therefore more heat

James K
04-28-2011, 10:17 PM
This is crazy. I have done quite a few cars with one pad and not had a problem. Wonder what is going on?????

Kristopher1129

I picture something like this happening if you pull the pad off the paint while it's still running full speed. Do you shut it off and let it slow down while still on the paint, and then pull away?

If you pull away immediately it will want to throw that pad. I can easily see that separating the velcro from the rest of the pad.

Just a suggestion. Who knows, it's probably just a defect with a brand new system. We get to be the lucky test subjects! lol

I just got my MF pads, compound, and finish wax today. Can't wait to try it out.

Flash Gordon
Its the one on backorder ;)