PDA

View Full Version : Is There Such A Thing As Clay Bar Wax

SCHOONER
04-26-2011, 06:37 PM
Hi Guy (Newbie Here) :buffing:

A guy at a car show I attend told me about the company LUCAS that makes a Clay Bar with Wax allready in it.

Is that possible ?

Just starting out with detailing. I believe one
dusts the car off first with: California Mop;
Clay Bar the car and then WAX IT - YES/NO ?

GOD bless you ALL
Schooner :hotrod2:

Scott DeBrun
04-26-2011, 06:51 PM
I've never heard of "clay bar wax" but the "california mop" is actually called a California duster and it works great for dusting off your vehicle

RTexasF
04-26-2011, 06:54 PM
I just looked at Lucas' entire line of products and didn't see a clay bar at all. One with wax in it would defeat the purpose of the clay and sounds gimmicky to say the least. They are known for multiple types of lubricants. Car care products are few.

To do it properly:

Wash
Clay
Polish
Wax or seal

Perfections
04-26-2011, 06:58 PM
Dunno about this product from Lucas but I can tell you a lot of production shops when talking to customers call it a clay bar wax, then when I asked the guy explain this clay bar wax to me he replied with first we clay the car then we wax it, then I replied oh cause it sounded like you had some kind of clay bar wax, then he explained they just call it that to dumb it down since most people have no clue what claying a car actually is, kinda made sense for a fast paced environment

Old Tiger
04-26-2011, 07:00 PM
I wouldnt try it if it was. You need to wash and rinse before claying. Then use a detaail spray and a clay bar. I am sure that someone can post a link to a good How to Clay video. The Duster is good but would not replace a wash before claying.

RTexasF
04-26-2011, 07:23 PM
Go to post #8 for the clay bar video:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-make-money-detailing-cars/35173-clay-bar-buy-mobile-detailing-business.html

ScottB
04-26-2011, 07:51 PM
Wash -- Clay --- Polish (or Paint Cleanse) --- Protect

I would NEVER use a mop first ... youd drag dirt, sand, and other contaminents across the finish.

jkk7479
04-26-2011, 09:23 PM
I like the California duster when the car has a light amount of dust or pollen on it.

TWEEDERTWEEK
04-26-2011, 09:31 PM
Reading this thread reminded me of this product I saw from SurfCity. They say it's better than a clay bar. Since you can get it at wallyworld I might have to try it.

SCHOONER
04-27-2011, 04:19 PM
Hey Guy :)

They tell me the prove in the pudding is in the tasting ~ Have You Used This Product :confused:

I went further into the web site and seen that the Nanoprecision Sealer price @ $89.99
WOW! That's a bit high $ $ $ for that product. I think I'll pass on that for now.

Let me know if you used this product Feed back please

Reading this thread reminded me of this product I saw from SurfCity. They say it's better than a clay bar. Since you can get it at wallyworld I might have to try it.

TWEEDERTWEEK
04-27-2011, 11:15 PM
Hey Guy :)

They tell me the prove in the pudding is in the tasting ~ Have You Used This Product :confused:

I went further into the web site and seen that the Nanoprecision Sealer price @ $89.99
WOW! That's a bit high $ $ $ for that product. I think I'll pass on that for now.

Let me know if you used this product Feed back please

I'm in the middle of buying a house and securing a 2 car garage for my ride. Once that's done I'll try it out and let you know how it goes.