PDA

View Full Version : Are there any good poll mounted washing mops?

Silverstone
04-26-2011, 05:05 PM
I have a pole mounted microfiber washing head from autozone or somewhere like that but I just don't really trust the quality of the micro mop head part not to scratch. But I love using it because I get the job done much faster and I don't have to bend at all for the lower parts (bad back). Is there a good higher end version out there?

JonMiles
04-26-2011, 05:44 PM
Go with a Montana Boars Hair Brush....they save time and i've never had a scratching issue.

RandyD
04-26-2011, 06:00 PM
I have Griot's and love it.

Wash Mop Stick Kit - Cleaning Tools - Car Washing - Car Care - Griot's Garage (http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/car+care/car+washing/car+cleaning+tools/wash+mop+stick+kit.do)

Scott DeBrun
04-26-2011, 06:54 PM

Wash Mop Stick Kit - Cleaning Tools - Car Washing - Car Care - Griot's Garage (http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/car+care/car+washing/car+cleaning+tools/wash+mop+stick+kit.do)
Griots with a microfiber wash mit does a great job.

Audi X2
04-26-2011, 07:01 PM
I also use the Griots with the microfiber heads.

coreymg51
04-26-2011, 08:07 PM
i own a detail biz and use a boars hair brush on a pole. never had any problems with scratching. i dont know about the griots the microfiber heads the heads dont look real thick

C. Charles Hahn
04-26-2011, 08:13 PM
If you can find one still, the old Meguiar's Versa-angle brushes and pad-type wash tools were available on telescoping poles....

5.4 Shelby
04-26-2011, 08:41 PM

I haave this one also. Overall I like it. the hinge is hard to get it just how you want it sometimes. Not a big deal, just knda bugs me sometimes.

Also, I used to machine wash with my MFs. The velcro sticks to the MFs. AS it has gotten older, the loops are falling out of it and staying in the MFs. I quit washing it with the important MFs.

movingforward
02-09-2014, 02:51 AM
What is the current consensus on the best washing mop available?

rstark
02-09-2014, 06:27 AM
I've read the Montana brush is good and really have not read anything bad about it until this thread but cannot find the threads that are negative. I hope to use this today or next week if it stops raining.

I want to buy a MF pad, squeegee and 20' telescoping pole from HD soon to clean my photovoltaic panels. I was going to use the Montana brush for this but I figure why not get its own cleaning equipment to clean the solar panels and keep the Montana brush for the car.

warrenboy
02-09-2014, 07:19 AM
I can suggest you to go for Montana Boars Hair Brush, it will help you.

movingforward
02-09-2014, 05:37 PM
I was set on buying a Montana Boars Hair Brush until I read more threads. It seems people here are split 50/50 on their opinion.

Summary of points I have read:

Pros:
Dirt falls off the hairs when rubbed against a grit-guard and can be rinsed easily (less MF mitts to wash afterwards).
Bristles slide to fit in hard to reach areas.

Cons:
Requires an extensive pre-soak (30+ minutes) in preferably warm water.
Can still cause micro scratches after soaking that are observable with a flashlight.
Smells like decaying matter.