PDA

View Full Version : Griot garage glass clay? Any differeny than paint clay?

heynicebits
04-26-2011, 12:06 PM
I've got some serious water spots stuck to my windows and was wondering if anyone has used a product like this before?

James K
04-26-2011, 12:22 PM
I have never tried Griots glass clay. I have used clay on the windows before, but don't really do it that often. If I have a water spoting problem I usually just use DP Glass Restorer and it works great.

kb2ehj
04-26-2011, 12:42 PM
I think it really is a marketing ploy more then anything.

I've never used DP Glass Restorer as M.P. Cobra Fan suggested, but I have used Duragloss Nu-Glass before and really like it.

If you would like a sample, I purchased a gallon of if last fall so I have some to spare LOL.

Mark

mikem0424
04-26-2011, 12:54 PM
Griots makes a glass polish that I've tried on VERY stubborn water spots and it was fantastic. Used it with their 6 inch glass polishing pad. :dblthumb2:

5.4 Shelby
04-26-2011, 12:57 PM
Griots makes a glass polish that I've tried on VERY stubborn water spots and it was fantastic. Used it with their 6 inch glass polishing pad. :dblthumb2:
I agree. I use it on my vehicles. They also have dedicated glass polishing pads.

rakkvet
04-28-2011, 11:15 PM
The glass clay has a different feel to it than the paint clay. It seems to do a good job removing bugs and other contaminates from the glass. We use that and use the Griot's Glass polish with the Glass polishing pads before we apply Aquapel to windshields.

The wheel, glass and paint clay all feel different. I'm still haven't decided how much better they work on their specific applications.

Tim