PDA

View Full Version : Getting to be that time of year....

1LE HAWK
04-25-2011, 06:55 PM
I want to start by apologizing to the forum....I am a bit of a "fairweather" detailer. I tend to be very active and pretty darn dedicated during the show season...but dormant during the winter months (I know....I know....South Carolina doesn't really have a winter but....)

Anyways, it's that time of year again....gearing up for the big car shows and events.

We still have the 2002 Firehawk and 1998 Camaro....but we added a 2011 SS Camaro during the offseason this year.

I have a couple of questions for the gurus on here....

I have the PC 7424 with the Edge system...but now almost all of my pads are gone. What would you recommend since the Edge pads seem to be unavailable (at least the ones I am looking for seem to be hiding)?

My library of supplies seems to be pretty well stocked with Pinnacle, Wolfgang, Danase, Optimum, etc.....but I feel the need to refresh some of the supplies and get back on track. Would now be a good time to try out the Menzerna or Dodo line? I am not too sure how this will do with the factory GM paint on the 2011 SS.

Again....here's the lineup of cars.

1998 Camaro - black....daily driver....not garage kept.
2002 Firehawk - red....garage queen...weekend driver....recently painted due to getting hit by a drunk driver...
2011 Camaro - black....mostly a weekend driver...driven for fun during the week....garage kept.

Thanks for having me around guys and gals....

-Matt

HeavyMetal
04-26-2011, 07:11 AM
I am far from a guru, I'm a newb who's polished like 4 cars. I did take the forum advise of 5.5" LC flat pads with the PC. I've been VERY happy with their performance with the WG "triplets" and Menz PL. I love the look of Menz PL topped with either Collinite 845 or Pinnacle Souveran. Souveran is definitely deeper, so that will be spring/summer/fall wax and the 845 will be winter.

SeaJay's
04-26-2011, 07:18 AM
I have been using the 5.5" LC flat pads for awhile now and I love them. They are reasonably priced and do a great job.

That being said I know a lot of people really like the LC Hydro tech pads (I have some just have not tried them out yet).

Also the surbuff pads for heavier corrections.