PDA

View Full Version : Difference between rinseless carwash & detailing spray

SATracker
04-25-2011, 12:09 PM
What's the difference between using a detailing spray and something like DP rinseless car wash? Is it simply a cost thing or is there something chemically different between a detailing spray and a rinseless wash spray?

silverfox
04-25-2011, 12:17 PM
Detail sprays don't have as many surfactants (cleaning agents) in them as waterless and rinseless washes do (in other words waterless and rinseless washes are somewhat safer to use). Having said that, detail sprays amp up the shine and gloss more, plus they add a bit of protection between washes.

I've found that I like to have both, even though the waterless wash and rinseless wash products are probably all you need for routine maintenance. I do like that added just polished look that detail sprays give you.

CleanGene
04-25-2011, 12:39 PM
Detail sprays don't have as many surfactants (cleaning agents) in them as waterless and rinseless washes do (in other words waterless and rinseless washes are somewhat safer to use). Having said that, detail sprays amp up the shine and gloss more, plus they add a bit of protection between washes.

I've found that I like to have both, even though the waterless wash and rinseless wash products are probably all you need for routine maintenance. I do like that added just polished look that detail sprays give you.

:iagree: I like to have and use both as well. I use the waterless washes to pre-treat each panel before rinse-less washing and use a QD as a drying aid. The QD leaves behind the extra gloss that the waterless washes would not.