PDA

View Full Version : mequiars tech wax 2.0

jimski1510
04-25-2011, 11:38 AM
i had a half bottle of the old wax, mequiars gold class then bought nxt generation tech wax 2.0. waxed my 2010 mustang, dark blue, with the nxt 2.o, had swirls all over car, i thought that this wax was one of the worse wax's i have bought. after a while i waxed my hood with the mequiars gold class, really nice, no swirls, easy on, easy off., sure wish that they would come back to the old gold class.

5.4 Shelby
04-25-2011, 11:54 AM
i had a half bottle of the old wax, mequiars gold class then bought nxt generation tech wax 2.0. waxed my 2010 mustang, dark blue, with the nxt 2.o, had swirls all over car, i thought that this wax was one of the worse wax's i have bought. after a while i waxed my hood with the mequiars gold class, really nice, no swirls, easy on, easy off., sure wish that they would come back to the old gold class.
I dont know either of those waxes. However, if you have swirls, they are shallow scratches or defects in the paint. One wax is just hiding them better than the other. Some waxes are designed to do that while others are not. IF you like the look of the NXT, but, dont want swirls, the best thing to do is polish them out. IF you dont want to get into that, then maybe buy a glaze to fill the defects (swirls) and use NXT over that. The glaze should hide your swirls while the NXT will make the rest of the paint shine.

Glaze after car polish and before wax. carnauba finishing glaze, gloss, show car glaze, last step product, Wolfgang, Pinnacle, XMT, 3M, Meguiars (http://www.autogeek.net/glazes.html)

jimski1510
04-27-2011, 07:14 AM
thanks for the info kevin, just going to keep the old gold class wax, can't find it in stores, but found it on line. sweet looking shelby, thanks again, jimski 1510

serenity
04-27-2011, 12:16 PM
Have you tried the newer gold class plus? It will last longer than the original