PDA

View Full Version : Best pop,deep and wet shine on a budget?

Pages : [1] 2 3

DjbuddyPL
04-25-2011, 08:08 AM
For a dark colored metalic blue pain, i heard alot of good this about autglym hd wax, is that the best wax in that price range, i can buy it for $40

SeaJay's
04-25-2011, 08:31 AM
Best bang for your buck is probably collinite 845. IMO.

StephenK
04-25-2011, 08:45 AM
845 would be my choice if you want protection but that is the one thing you did not say you were looking for. i have heard ALOT of people (everyone that has used this wax) say that DP MaxWax is a hidden gem that can look just as good as the higher dollar waxes

Scott DeBrun
04-25-2011, 08:46 AM
For a dark colored metalic blue pain, i heard alot of good this about autglym hd wax, is that the best wax in that price range, i can buy it for $40

It depends on what you are looking for, longetivity or great looks that will hold out for a couple of months. I've heard great things about Collinite but I have also heard it can be a bear to work with. For my money I would go with XMT limited edtion it has a great gloss and makes metallics pop. Of course you're not goung to get the durability of Collinite so if you don't mind waxing more often I would go with XMT.

SeaJay's
04-25-2011, 08:53 AM
It depends on what you are looking for, longetivity or great looks that will hold out for a couple of months. I've heard great things about Collinite but I have also heard it can be a bear to work with. For my money I would go with XMT limited edtion it has a great gloss and makes metallics pop. Of course you're not goung to get the durability of Collinite so if you don't mind waxing more often I would go with XMT.

Collinite actually isn't so hard to work with as long as you apply it thin. I always recommend using a DA to apply it if you can.

It really gives a great wet look and the durability is 2nd to none. Again my opinion.

The XMT is a good wax too for the money.

HeavyMetal
04-25-2011, 08:56 AM
+1 on the 845. And, I found it VERY easy to apply and remove. Not only me, but my wife remarked that it was easy to buff - and she hates waxing cars! I did apply it very thin, just as others have recommended.

DjbuddyPL
04-25-2011, 09:03 AM
So it looks like 845 is a very popular choice, there was a car show locally here in Pa, and 5 out of 10 cars used autoglym hd wax, and i was stunned how wet and shiney cars where, all vettes blue,red, yellow and blue, and i have a dark blue mettalic vw cc, i want something that will be good for a daily driver and have the great wet deep shine, that will be stunning witout killing my wallet

silverfox
04-25-2011, 09:23 AM
Collinite 845 for light colored cars (white, silver)...and Collinite 915 for darker (black, red, blue). 845 has a higher gloss look....915 has a deeper, richer look...

DjbuddyPL
04-25-2011, 09:26 AM
I def need the wax made for dark colored cars, all my cars are dark, two dark blue and one dark red!

PA DETAILER
04-25-2011, 09:42 AM
845 (good choice)
DP poli sealant. (another good choice)

both of these "pop" on my red gmc.

Scott DeBrun
04-25-2011, 10:22 AM
Collinite actually isn't so hard to work with as long as you apply it thin. I always recommend using a DA to apply it if you can.

It really gives a great wet look and the durability is 2nd to none. Again my opinion.

The XMT is a good wax too for the money.
Good point Seejay but in my opinion the XMT is alot easier to work with because you can put it on by hand and if it's put on too thick it will still come off really easy. A bonus is that the Pinnacle site has the limited edition on sale for $25 dollars plus 20% off pbma products. If some one has the time then I would have to say that from what I've read the Collinite probably is the best wax for the money.

5.4 Shelby
04-25-2011, 10:56 AM
For a budget wax with good looks and ease of use, dont overlook Megs #26 liquid. IT aint fancy and doesnt carry an exotic name, but, it is a gem for the money.

James K
04-25-2011, 11:56 AM
The Autoglym is excellent wax. I really love it, and being that you can still find it at Walmart for $20 or less, it is a great buy.

Collinite 845 is nice as well. I just tried it for the first time a couple days ago. It was easy to work with, made my neglected finish look great, and it is cheap. From what everyone says it is VERY durable. Great bang for the buck.

DP Poli-Coat is a great choice as well.

In all honesty, you can find many waxes under the $30 price that will perform wonderfully.

Lasthope05
04-25-2011, 12:12 PM
For a cheap deep wet shine there is no wax out there that can touch Megs gold class. There is no other wax out there that I know of that darkens paint so much to give a very deep wet look.

All the other waxes mentioned in this thread give off a bright and glossy look.

RTexasF
04-25-2011, 12:15 PM
I've heard great things about Collinite but I have also heard it can be a bear to work with.

If you glop it on like an 80 year old Madam putting on makeup it would be difficult to remove, sure. With normal thin application, just like all waxes & sealants should be applied, it just couldn't get any easier. For price, looks, and durability this would be my recommendation.....Collinite #845.