PDA

View Full Version : Any real difference between ONR and DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss

Pages : [1] 2

kb2ehj
04-25-2011, 08:00 AM
Title kind of sums it up.

Mixing directions are the same.
Cost is the same.
Use is the same.

So is one any better then the other? I've still 2 bottles of ONR (2nd generation) 1 full bottle (gallon) and one gallon bottle that is probably about 95% full so I'm not needing anything right away just curious when I start getting low should I look at the DP line instead of the ONR product.

HeavyMetal
04-25-2011, 08:06 AM
Feed back please

I'm interested in opinions too. I got the old DP NR on BOGO so I have enough for a while and I'm very happy with it, but when it comes time for repurchase I would like to hear what others think on the NEW DP NR vs ONR. Thanks in advance.

SeaJay's
04-25-2011, 08:33 AM
I haven't tried the new DP yet but actually mixed up some old DP rinseless to use as a clay lube. I didn't notice much difference. I think the ONR has slightly more lubricity to it than the DP, but for the most part I don't see a huge difference.

D_Nyholm
04-25-2011, 08:43 AM
I used the DP and didn't think it was as slick as the ONR. But i did mix a bunch up at clay lube strength so it is easy to see it in my bottles. Blue liquid is ONR QD and magenta liquid is Clay lube :)

BobbyG
04-25-2011, 08:48 AM
To be honest, I have the older DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss and think it works better then Optimums No Rinse. DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss really does a nice job dissolving contaminates floating them away leaving a nice clean surface.

I have a gallon of both but as of today my vote goes to DP.....just my opinion of course..

HeavyMetal
04-25-2011, 08:54 AM
To be honest, I have the older DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss and think it works better then Optimums No Rinse. DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss really does a nice job dissolving contaminates floating them away leaving a nice clean surface.

I have a gallon of both but as of today my vote goes to DP.....just my opinion of course..

Bobby, is that the new DP? If so, curious as to your opinion on it versus the old. I have the old and really like it as an NR and clay lube, less as a QD. Either QD or clay lube strength also works great as an on-the-fly pad cleaner.

silverfox
04-25-2011, 08:56 AM
I'm with BobbyG...I've pretty much perfected the art of rinseless washing over the last miserable winter, and yes, in my opinion, DP rinseless wash is currently a better product than ONR (and I'm a huge Optimum fan).

I actually had a case where I started with ONR, and finished the car with DP because ONR wasn't cutting it, even at higher concentrations than the typical recommended dose.

For those that perhaps have felt that rinseless washing is perhaps not worthy of the hype...try DP Rinseless wash before you pass your final judgment. I'd buy it by the 5 gal container if I could.

kb2ehj
04-25-2011, 10:07 AM
Thank you all for your opinions on these two products.

I agree with you Silverfox, I wish things like this were available in the 5 gallon sizes. I contacted OPT last week seeing if I could buy in that quantity and was told no.

Mark

poweraid
04-25-2011, 11:01 AM
how u know if u have old or new formula dp rinseless wash ?

Emm
04-25-2011, 11:16 AM
Have you guys tried Ultima waterless wash? Out of the three I think Ultima is the glossiest and leaves the paint very smooth

BobbyG
04-25-2011, 11:30 AM
Bobby, is that the new DP? If so, curious as to your opinion on it versus the old. I have the old and really like it as an NR and clay lube, less as a QD. Either QD or clay lube strength also works great as an on-the-fly pad cleaner.

Hey Craig,

Nope, this is the older tried and trued formula. :props:

Like you I use "it" for washless wash and Clay lube. I haven't tried it as a quick detailer because I use Adams, DP Final Gloss Quick Detailer, and some FK-425...so for know I'm good! :laughing:

HeavyMetal
04-25-2011, 11:40 AM
Nope, this is the older tried and trued formula.

Like you I use "it" for washless wash and Clay lube. I haven't tried it as a quick detailer because I use Adams, DP Final Gloss Quick Detailer, and some FK-425...so for know I'm good!

Yeah, I saw the older in your original after I posted. I probably should quit sniffing glue.

Stay with a dedicated QD. DP NR diluted to QD is OK and cleans nice but it doesn't shine as well as Adams, etc.

Lasthope05
04-25-2011, 11:48 AM
QEW
ONR v2
ONR v3
DP 4n1
DP(detailers pride) RWG

I've tried most of them and for me none of them shines above the rest. They all equally work well.

embolism
04-25-2011, 12:48 PM
when you guys mix up your own clay lube beit ONR or car soap and distilled, should it actually feel slippery if you spray it on your fingers?

I only had a bit of QD left yesterday when my buddy came over to wash and clay his new ride so I mixed up some gold class in 2 spray bottles. Was wondering what concentration to make so I sprayed some of my leftover speedshine on my fingers and it wasn't slippery at all (smelled like cinnamon though). I figured slippery was better so mixed it a bit stronger and there were no problems. Didn't even really need to rewash after the clay step since there was so much soap on the car afterwards it just needed a rinse!

Is there such thing as the lube being too slick for the clay to work properly?

HeavyMetal
04-25-2011, 01:45 PM
when you guys mix up your own clay lube beit ONR or car soap and distilled, should it actually feel slippery if you spray it on your fingers?

Yeah, it kinda feels a bit slippery. BTW, I do not wash after clay. I leave the car wet from washing, mist the car with lube, clay, wipe dry with a mf and go right to polish.